Changing my car, what should I go for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
What engine size, trim level and age? Assuming 1.6d given the economy?

Got to be worth £2.5-3k

Jameshow

Veteran
Really? In a private sale?

I’ve seen higher prices in dealers certainly.

Mine is one owner, full Skoda dealer service history, no damage (aside from the odd very minor stone chip). The only rust it had came from the area around the number plate lights but I’ve just had that resprayed by Skoda under warranty. It’s never been driven hard as I’m forever trying to exploit its frugality. 🙂

I'll buy it!!

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
What engine size, trim level and age? Assuming 1.6d given the economy?

Got to be worth £2.5-3k

It’s a 2011 (October) Fabia Estate Greenline Mk II 1.2 Tdi in white. The Greenline edition was pretty much a fixed spec, with air-con, cruise control, trip computer with consumption and range etc., front electric windows, electrically heated and adjustable mirrors, roof bars and a lower running height to aid aerodynamics/fuel economy. You could add stuff like rear electric windows and floor mats but not anything fancy. Things like heated seats or climate control weren’t options.

Jody

Stubborn git
It’s a 2011 (October) Fabia Estate Greenline Mk II 1.2 Tdi in white. The Greenline edition was pretty much a fixed spec, with air-con, cruise control, trip computer with consumption and range etc., front electric windows, electrically heated and adjustable mirrors, roof bars and a lower running height to aid aerodynamics/fuel economy. You could add stuff like rear electric windows and floor mats but not anything fancy. Things like heated seats or climate control weren’t options.

First few on ebay with similar mileage

63k 13 plate at 6k

94k 14 plate at 4.6k

80k 2012 Cat d insurance repair at 3.7k

A trader might offer you 2k but private it's worth way more given its spec, mileage and frugality.

We get very few enquiries on the 1.2d engine at work so they can't have any/many inherent problems.

Drago

Legendary Member
It’s never been driven hard as I’m forever trying to exploit its frugality. 🙂

We may have been separated at birth! I find a high MPG figure much more of a turn-on than a low 0-60 time.

I tell you, if F1 was set up so they all had to complete a set number of laps and the winner is the one using the least fuel I'd be a groupie.

Nismo 370Z.

learned how to drive a stick in a '70s Datsun 240Z
1683127581793.png

it wasn't pretty. the car was, but not my driving

lately been eyeballing the 2023 Honda Civic hatchback
1683127663405.png

D

Deleted member 1258

lately been eyeballing the 2023 Honda Civic hatchback
View attachment 688150

My Son's on his third Civic, the first one got written off whilst it was parked, the second one he got rid of last year, it was a 2006 registration with almost as many miles on the clock as the starship Enterprise, it just passed its MOT but would cost too much to get past next years test, he's now got a nice 2013 reg white one.

All uphill

Still rolling along
We may have been separated at birth! I find a high MPG figure much more of a turn-on than a low 0-60 time.

I tell you, if F1 was set up so they all had to complete a set number of laps and the winner is the one using the least fuel I'd be a groupie.

Are you alright @Drago ?

I find myself agreeing with you disturbingly often these days.

Is it you or me?

Top Bottom