Charlotte Ross on RLJing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Trouble is people are so impatient and want to save a few seconds....I end up overtaking RLJ's (a lot of the time) after I have stoppped at the lights...(a lot of them seem very slow) or the odd motorist who's zooming along to save a few seconds driving like Bodie and Doyle.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I've had to RLJ the last two days :biggrin:

... but only because the lights have gone wonky. First day I sat at the lights (controlling access onto the road from a side-road on the left) watching the other lights go through about three sequences but mine never moved from red. Then a car pulled up beside me, and I thought perhaps they'd change after sensing it. But no - he sat through a couple of cycles and then cautiously set off through the lights, with me following.

Just me this morning, but my lights stayed red whilst the lights letting folks ont the road went through three cycles. Then I decided they'd not been fixed and set off, with caution, on my way.

If they're not working by next week, I guess I should report them....

Tony

...or the ones who equate nil deaths on average with being a greater menace to peds than the drivers who kill 40 a year on the footpath.

andygates

BentMikey said:
Even these lights you don't need to jump, although it's arguably legal since the light is defective. You could dismount and walk the junction to be legal without any doubt.

Not to say I do, I used to have a light like this on my commute, and I'd do as you do.

Drivers don't have to get out and push to go around a defective light on the pavement. It's a silly idea. They're not laser barriers, just transient "stop" signs. I can't be arsed to look up the bit of the highway code but I'm correct on this.

I'm going to behave like traffic because I am traffic. I'm neither going to break laws nor will I mince around for fear that someone might think I'm being naughty.

OP
OP
S

spindrift

She's a Phillupa Space hack, given a topic and told "Be controversial love."

Is she the one married to Will Self? Now he's a proper cyclist, he's got an hilarious Covent Garden road rage story.

Top Bottom