Charlton Heston R.I.P.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Chuffy said:
Blaming Charlton Heston directly is a bit strong. On the other hand, if the NRA were less powerful then there's a good chance that the nervous householder would not have had anything more powerful than a rolling pin available and the paperboy wouldn't be dead.

I agree,but my argument is against blaming another,for someones elses actions.

Evilcat

Can I just point out, to col in particular, that the NRA is wholly complicit in the illegal sale of guns in the USA (and by extension the crimes committed with them) through supporting gun dealers that flagrantly flout the law.

For example, the NRA has supported NRA board member Sandy Abrams who owns Valley Guns in Baltimore, providing him with legal representation. This is a gun dealer with over 900 violations of gun law who ranks at number 37 in the league table of dealers supplying guns used in crimes. And yet the NRA re-elected him to their board and are attempting to limit the ability of the ATF to revoke his licence.

Just one example; there are many more.

EC

col

Legendary Member
Evilcat said:
Can I just point out, to col in particular, that the NRA is wholly complicit in the illegal sale of guns in the USA (and by extension the crimes committed with them) through supporting gun dealers that flagrantly flout the law.

For example, the NRA has supported NRA board member Sandy Abrams who owns Valley Guns in Baltimore, providing him with legal representation. This is a gun dealer with over 900 violations of gun law who ranks at number 37 in the league table of dealers supplying guns used in crimes. And yet the NRA re-elected him to their board and are attempting to limit the ability of the ATF to revoke his licence.

Just one example; there are many more.

EC

If he was selling guns to criminals,then he should be closed down.My ears pricked up in this argument,when heston was called a bad bloke,and no reason given.I was asking for the reason for this.

Evilcat

col said:
If he was selling guns to criminals,then he should be closed down.My ears pricked up in this argument,when heston was called a bad bloke,and no reason given.I was asking for the reason for this.
Is being president and spokesman for an organisation that supports the activities of illegal gun sellers good enough for you?

EC

col

Legendary Member
Evilcat said:
Is being president and spokesman for an organisation that supports the activities of illegal gun sellers good enough for you?

EC

I suspect there may be more to this than it seems,if they helped illegal gun runners,the law would intervene.
No matter who it was

Top Bottom