Chat Zone for The Big Big Trip Journal!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hey, no intent to show you up. I thought you might have discovered it in your ‘research’! It’s all your fault for starting this tour and this thread and our education of lesser known places!

Now, is class paying attention. I just looked up the town, as I often do and as someone suggested upthread ages ago from the map and found it on wiki!

Linky here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pueblo_Patrimonio_(Colombia)
Well, we learn something new every day!^_^
As it turns out I'm in another town on the list tonight and I'll be hitting a few more too. I see Ciénega is on there! I wonder who they bribed?^_^

Sorry to leave people hanging with the latest multi-installment post but the rain has stopped and I have a Pueblo Patrimonio to explore^_^

cwskas

Über Member
Once again, I am far behind in my reading . . . what a terrible vicarious traveler I am!

I really enjoyed the taste of some of the fantastic street art of the Getsemeni district and the depictions of the early coastal road. What a different view that was, it seemed so flat, marshy. Marta looked very interesting and I could not help but linger on this picture.

It's always dangerous in the other place! . . . I should not have enjoyed today as much as I did. But I did! . . . I'm back in a place where I'm a welcome part of the road. . . . The neverending banana field! . . . Small town Colombia is fascinating and frantic. Not the best for sleeping!
Good to hear you are enjoying exploring new territory and once again thanks for sharing.

Willie

cwskas

Über Member
Palm Trees for me are special signs that I am in a different world
You might find other indications that you are in a different world. ^_^

as a testament to the heat here, king wimp turned off the (first) hot water (for weeks!) in favour of the cold!
"sweaty chicken" could also be a testament to the heat!

Lovely mountains because I don't have to climb them! ^_^
With so many mountains you have the luxury of choosing which to climb.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Day 756, Friday, October 08 2021, Barichara to Cabrera (via Guane)
I felt like Royalty riding along here!
img_20211008_100912-jpg.jpg
Just occasionally, on one or two of those lanes flanked by stone walls, you could almost be in rural England (or the RoI?). Well, apart from the vertiginous mountain views around each bend that is ... and the palm trees ... and the lizards ... and most definitely, the heat!

hopefully if you cross one of his paths, you’ll be able to have a quiet thought and if you are of a certain disposition, a prayer.
You were right even if I wasn't on one of his paths

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/t...-just-tell-him-your-plans.254046/post-6557380

IaninSheffield

Veteran
IaninSheffield: could you repost the link to the google map of his route? I thought I had bookmarked it, but I can't seem to find it.

Willie
Here you go Willie
The comment on seeing things on a larger map got me thinking and so I decided to plot the epic journey so far on a Google map :notworthy:. @HobbesOnTour has kindly agreed I can share the link, so here you go: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1C4CxxXQvj5sW-fwUWvp65A19Rl5iLsdg&usp=sharing
Pretty impressive eh?!

Top Bottom