Cheam and Morden Hilly 50K March 5 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
congrats to you all, I swerve this thread every year and then read it afterwards with fascination, there's some horrific pictures from previous years

any hill that Remus calls punchy, I never want to be anywhere near, please say he wasn't on his commuter

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'm sure someone mentioned an e-certificate, how do I get one now I've done the actual punishment.....
e-mail Graham - his address is on the Hilly 50 blog

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
congrats to you all, I swerve this thread every year and then read it afterwards with fascination, there's some horrific pictures from previous years

any hill that Remus calls punchy, I never want to be anywhere near, please say he wasn't on his commuter

Rimas has no concept of hilly...
biggrin.gif

PK99

Legendary Member
One of the guys who rides with the Midweek wayfarers is 84.

He did the hilly 50 on Saturday in 2 1/2hours - awesome!

zigzag

Veteran

any hill that Rimas (ftfy) calls punchy, I never want to be anywhere near, please say he wasn't on his commuter

it's not that bad.. i was on the same 7-speed audax bike in order to compare the time with last years'. i was pleased to realise that with two months off the bike last winter i still improved the time by six minutes (2:04:12)

Rimas has no concept of hilly...
biggrin.gif

the hills are tough if you are undergeared, tow a heavy load or try to go too fast. otherwise they are fine, just ease off and enjoy the ride.

Hutch 75

You done well with that time, I was well chuffed with my 2:20, but felt it for a few days after !!!

You're dead right with the hills, being fairly new to cycling, I've found them a lot easier since I've started to try and really relax and take them slightly slower, definitely helps.

PpPete

Legendary Member
2:20 is damn good ! Well done Hutch.

And as for 2:04... well - just no comment !

Fans of seriously hilly stuff may want to have a go at this. A bit further from Lunnontown, but there might be some cheap rail tickets to somewhere close if you book early enough.

Top Bottom