cheap smartphones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I have the Moto G 2nd Gen. £130 sim free from Tesco. it is pretty good, I'd give it 4* our of 5.
The good:
Most of it really, it feels robust and comfy in the hand, is quite lightweight and slim so fits in tight trouser pockets ok. The screen is clear and brightness controls see it clearly visible outoors on a bright day. the phone ringer and vibration is good enough to let you know someone is calling or texting if its in a bag or jersey pocket, the music playback is fine through the speakers or headphones, mapping and GPS pick up are good, battery life is what you'd expect from a multimedia device - I get a day out of is as quite a heavy user of the 'toys' as well as being a phone, it charges quickly enough and picks up phone,signal, wifi & bluetooth as well as Mrs's iPhone 6, the side buttons work well and arent flimsy or sensitive enought to set things going in your pocket, If you download the Android camera app to replace the Motorola camera app that comes as standard then it is v good, the lens and chip are fine for a happy snap camera, the screen works nicely with touchscreen gloves too

The bad: I think my phones phone speaker is faulty as it is a very crackly sound when connected, if it isn't faulty then it is c**p. A couple of Apps: the inbuilt Gmail one and a 3rd party internet browser I downloaded from the play store crash upon startup with irritating regularity but once things are running they tend to be stable, all the other apps just run when selected but it very occasionally freezes or lags with a few things going on.

Top Bottom