Check out my Giant Tourer 'All-Road Series' with butterfly handlebars...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GiantDavid

[
New.JPG

Hello, I have just acquired a Giant Tourer All-Road Series from the 90s. It has butterfly handlebars and is in pretty good condition. All comments welcome as to the age, type of bike etc., as I am not very technical and just enjoy riding! It is very comfortable and feels like it will go on forever. I bought the bicycle from an enthusiast who has fitted many new parts including Continental 'Contact' tyres, new chain etc. The gears are very easy to engage. Even loaded with panniers, the bike seems to glide along effortlessly. I covered 28 miles the other day in and around Southampton. The background is Eling, where there is a nice pub overlooking the water. I'll post some more pictures soon. There is a logo saying 'All-Road Series'. Are many of these bikes still running? I haven't seen another one anywhere!

Attachments

• IMG_20181115_214821.jpg
    IMG_20181115_214821.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Hi @GiantDavid welcome aboard sounds like you have found an ideal bike .
It's not a model i have heard of before , have you tried the Giant archive https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/search/bike-archive ?

Drago

Legendary Member
Greetings and welcome. Tidy bike, c.1996-7. They weren't that popular, but not because they were rubbish (they were very decent) but at that time you were considered a filthy pervert, communist, or generally untrustworthy if you rode anything other that a moumtain bike, so there wasn't such a market for them. Keep it well serviced and you'll still be riding it in another 2 decades.

MikeG

Guru
I rode Land's End to John O'Groats with butterfly bars, and only ever used the near bar and the sides........positions available with a flat bar and whatever those things are called that get fitted onto the end of flat bars to give alternative grip positions.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Hello, yes it says 'no items found'...no matter what I put in!

That's a shame

OP
OP
GiantDavid

GiantDavid

I rode Land's End to John O'Groats with butterfly bars, and only ever used the near bar and the sides........positions available with a flat bar and whatever those things are called that get fitted onto the end of flat bars to give alternative grip positions.
IMG_20181119_144258023.jpg
I rode into Winchester today to take in the beauty of the cathedral. My precious Giant is in the foreground! Out of interest, WInchester is cycle-friendly with plenty of places to secure your bike. On the other hand, I find Southampton a nightmare with queues of lorries going in and out of the docks. I read that Southampton is one of the country's hot spots for pollution. It is really grim in the city centre.

Last edited:
Top Bottom