Cheese on Toast Disaster!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Tsk! If you had taken a few minutes extra to make a cheese TOASTIE it wouldn't have mattered which way the thing fell.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Call that a disaster? There's a guy in the pub I work in who came in with a burn across the bridge of his nose. He had got back from the pub the night before and fancied cheese on toast, but couldn't be arsed to put the grill on. So he'd lain the toaster on its side, toasted the bread lightly, placed the cheese on top and carefully placed the whole lot back in the side-down toaster. All rather ingenious until he got impatient and decided to peer into the toaster to see how it was getting on, when he was suddenly reminded in abrupt nose-searing fashion that eye-level grills do not normally fire their toasted contents at your face when they consider them done. I forgot to ask whether he opted for Worcester Sauce or Mustard.

[QUOTE 2499361, member: 259"]Fact of the day - 97% of the population of Western Europe has got an unused Breville toasted sandwich maker in a cupboard somewhere. And they've all got a dead spider in them. :ohmy:[/quote]

I must be part of the 3%. We use ours when we're working on the house and too busy to cook. Only way of getting something akin to a hot meal:tongue:
Cheese 'n' spider toastie...mmmmmmmm :hungry:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Just lost control of a piece of cheese on toast, hey it could happen to anybody! It landed cheese down on some paperwork I'd been slaving away on all morning. The paper's still readable but now covered in cheese residue and chilli paste I wouldn't really want to be presenting it in the boardroom.

Be careful out there folks.

I agree, chilli on cheese on toast is a total disaster.

pplpilot

Guru
[QUOTE 2499361, member: 259"]Fact of the day - 97% of the population of Western Europe has got an unused Breville toasted sandwich maker in a cupboard somewhere. And they've all got a dead spider in them. :ohmy:[/quote]

Along with fondue sets, hostess trolleys and foot spas.

tyred

Legendary Member

I was part of the 97% until one day a few weeks ago I came across it when looking for something else) and decided to give it a go so cleaned it up and then discovered it didn't work any more. So it got binned, and I won't bother to replace it.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I now want cheese on toast, but don't have any bread, does toasted cheese on a bagel or toasted cheese on a bread bun count? I'm not sure, I might have to go buy bread.

Top Bottom