Cheesiest Cycling Program on TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’ve been watching ‘The Coach’ on Amazon Prime.

It’s a reality cycling show that has two beginner cyclists, who are both allocated a professional coach, to train them to a level where they can compete in a very hard sportive.

Sounds ok so far doesn’t it?

The best bit is that it’s an Italian program, that doesn’t have subtitles, but is 100% dubbed with the most improbable british accents. :eek:

It’s hysterical, but strangely compelling. :biggrin:

The best part is that the Italian head coach of the overall programme (I think he may be a Pro rider - but don’t recognise him) is overdubbed by someone with a broad Scottish accent. :laugh:

I’ve only watched 3 of the 5 shows so far (bizarrely, Episode One seems to be the second show of the original series), but reckon it’s almost worth the cost of Prime Membership on it’s own - just for the giggles.:smile:

Edit: The soundtrack is often whacky and unexpected as well.

Last edited:
O.M.G.

who on earth bothered to make this? To broadcast it? To watch it .... oh, ok, forget that question ...

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I’ve been watching ‘The Coach’ on Amazon Prime.

It’s a reality cycling show that has two beginner cyclists, who are both allocated a professional coach, to train them to a level where they can compete in a very hard sportive.

Sounds ok so far doesn’t it?

The best bit is that it’s an Italian program, that doesn’t have subtitles, but is 100% dubbed with the most improbable british accents. :eek:

It’s hysterical, but strangely compelling. :biggrin:

The best part is that the Italian head coach of the overall programme (I think he may be a Pro rider - but don’t recognise him) is overdubbed by someone with a broad Scottish accent. :laugh:

I’ve only watched 3 of the 5 shows so far (bizarrely, Episode One seems to be the second show of the original series), but reckon it’s almost worth the cost of Prime Membership on it’s own - just for the giggles.:smile:

It was made for the short lived Italian and British television channel 'Bike Channel' , they actually made a fully British version of The Coach, called The Coach UK featuring Rob Hayles as the lead presenter.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
O.M.G.

who on earth bothered to make this? To broadcast it? To watch it .... oh, ok, forget that question ...

I think even amazon and Netflix are running out. I saw this on Prime and thought, nah I'd just shout at the TV, might be fun after a beer or three. I assume it's comical. !

OP
OP
Tenacious Sloth
Strangely, for a ‘reality’ show, the two beginner cyclists they picked seemed like decent, normal people. Quite likeable actually.

Probably because the program was targeted towards a cycling channel and not mainstream tv.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Reminds me of that program where Paolo Savodelli(sp?) and Massimo somebody or other rode up famous climbs, wittering endlessly on to each other about this and that, overdubbed by a bored sounding voiceover who did both characters, giving the impression that he was talking to himself. "Remember that time we rode up here in the Giro Paolo?" "Yes Massimo, it rained that day didn't it?". "Yes Paolo. It was quite wet. But it wasn't very cold." And so on ... and on ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom