Cheesiest Cycling Program on TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Reminds me of that program where Paolo Savodelli(sp?) and Massimo somebody or other rode up famous climbs, wittering endlessly on to each other about this and that, overdubbed by a bored sounding voiceover who did both characters, giving the impression that he was talking to himself. "Remember that time we rode up here in the Giro Paolo?" "Yes Massimo, it rained that day didn't it?". "Yes Paolo. It was quite wet. But it wasn't very cold." And so on ... and on ...
IIRC it was those 2 who did the coach originally on the bike channel, it was so bad it was brilliant, as was the climb.

Milzy

Guru
I’ve been watching ‘The Coach’ on Amazon Prime.

It’s a reality cycling show that has two beginner cyclists, who are both allocated a professional coach, to train them to a level where they can compete in a very hard sportive.

Sounds ok so far doesn’t it?

The best bit is that it’s an Italian program, that doesn’t have subtitles, but is 100% dubbed with the most improbable british accents. :eek:

It’s hysterical, but strangely compelling. :biggrin:

The best part is that the Italian head coach of the overall programme (I think he may be a Pro rider - but don’t recognise him) is overdubbed by someone with a broad Scottish accent. :laugh:

I’ve only watched 3 of the 5 shows so far (bizarrely, Episode One seems to be the second show of the original series), but reckon it’s almost worth the cost of Prime Membership on it’s own - just for the giggles.:smile:

Edit: The soundtrack is often whacky and unexpected as well.
Looked like it could be really good, turned it off after 4 minutes.

pjd57

Veteran
I’ve been watching ‘The Coach’ on Amazon Prime.

It’s a reality cycling show that has two beginner cyclists, who are both allocated a professional coach, to train them to a level where they can compete in a very hard sportive.

The best part is that the Italian head coach of the overall programme (I think he may be a Pro rider - but don’t recognise him) is overdubbed by someone with a broad Scottish accent. :laugh:

Edit: The soundtrack is often whacky and unexpected as well.

More details required.... Glaswegian , North East, Northern Isles etc.

A gruff Glasgow voice telling them to get on the effin bikes would be great

CC standards are seriously slipping 20 posts and no one has typed:

"I don't have a TV"

It must be that "New Normal" they keep going on about.

My kids have Prime so I'll have to have a look....

There was a similar Flemish programme with a group of 5 or 6 riders. One episode, after they'd started getting comfortable they had to ride as a bunch behind a couple of kids (13-14? year olds) from a local club. Carnage ensued with everyone getting rapidly dropped as the kids started to wind the pace up.

DRM

Guru
It must be that "New Normal" they keep going on about.

My kids have Prime so I'll have to have a look....

There was a similar Flemish programme with a group of 5 or 6 riders. One episode, after they'd started getting comfortable they had to ride as a bunch behind a couple of kids (13-14? year olds) from a local club. Carnage ensued with everyone getting rapidly dropped as the kids started to wind the pace up.
typical kids, showing off.:okay:

Top Bottom