Cheshire Cat 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moolarb

just entered the 100 mile route - looking forward to it

good incentive to do some serious winter training

zaid

Me too, just signed up for the 100m, need to get some miles in before the Maratona in July.

Hope to see some of you there. :sad:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
First 30..... not really...the other 70..OK........

You are looking, if fit, to do it in a 41" gear minimum............ like 39 x 25

Not nearly 68".... no way...... 36 x 14............

I ride fixed 72" in Manchester, with a 68" backup.... I don't ride the local hills in on the fixed......

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Yeah, if you still want to ride it with that gearing, just be prepared to hop off and run up the inclines in the first 30 40 miles... after that you'll probably be undergeared for a fast time.

yashicamat

It gets worse, blonde moment - I'm actually riding a 39/14, so that's over 73"! I manage to get up the hills around town on it though, might struggle on some in the Peak District mind.

Think I'll put to bed the idea of attempting the CC on this bike!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nowt wrong with the LHT....got a compact/triple ?

aJohnson

Had a virus for a little bit over Christmas holiday and haven't been training much so need to start ASAP, then have alot of exams in January.

How have you been?

Garz

Squat Member
Been working away a lot recently and a course to pass kept me off the bike for most of december. With the bad weather and going away for xmas it's been my poorest outing on the bike since I got it back in june.

Have to get the momentum up again, however I cant control the weather so a turbo trainer is in order for next years winter season methinks! :tongue:

Top Bottom