Cheshire Cat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
pubrunner said:
I notice that The Cheshire Cat is the same day as the Wilmslow Half Marathon (up to 4,000 runners); presumably, the runners route doesn't clash with that of the cyclists ?

I think someone has noticed !
The route which is now up on the Kilotogo website comes back a different way from Alderley Edge to Knutsford, avoiding the B-road through Mobberley, so no clash.

OP
OP
R

Ravenz

Having awoke to slushy snow this morning.. was wondering if the weather is going to play a significant part in the ride as the end of March aint too far off and the season of winter is real this year ...

Ah, you're in Staffs.

S'alright here in Cheshire !

Although it was on the radio that the Snake was closed by snow...

And years ago, when I used to flag-marshal at motor racing, I do remember a number of us having to be taken to the medical centre at the Oulton Park Easter meeting...

Last year the weather was absolutely foul on the Saturday before the Cat.
A friend had dropped-out and given me his entry, I was going to cycle over to Knutsford on the Saturday and register, pick-up number and chip, but the weather was absolutely awful, torrential rain and strong wind, so I drove instead.
Come Sunday it was a bright sunny day - although some f***g clown in a 4x4 swamped me by driving through a bl**dy great puddle !

Marko62

My training is going very badly, I entered the first week in Jan, had a training plan to stick to but a chest infection has put paid to any training these last two weeks and I'm only now just getting back to getting some turbo action.... looking forward to the event but just wish my training was on track...

Joe

Über Member
Well I just went to enter this as I need something to work towards before DLMC and my solo LEJOG later in the summer, but they don't accept Maestro cards!
Can't ride it then:sad:

a_n_t

Swiss hill should be interesting if its wet. Went up it yesterday and whilst it's not difficult in itself I wouldn't fancy it with a load more riders getting in the way! :biggrin:

OP
OP
R

Ravenz

a_n_t said:
Swiss hill should be interesting if its wet. Went up it yesterday and whilst it's not difficult in itself I wouldn't fancy it with a load more riders getting in the way! :biggrin:

drove up Mow Cop yesterday ;):tongue: anyways the surface has one narrow lane when it gets vv steep..which is clean and free from ball bearing gravel.. I dont think the road sweeping machine is gonna get up ther and I daresay the local residents are not going to oblige which getting their brushes out.. but I will for recompense !!:smile::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Another 5 weeks to go - Mow Cop was fine last year.
(and TBH I don't really see what all the fuss is about, it's massively over-hyped : Wincle/Danebridge and Macc Forest will be more fun this year, yet no-one's heard of them...)

I went up Artists Lane on Sunday and found they're resurfacing it (or at any rate patching potholes), so that'll perhaps be a bit safer a descent
- I wonder if KiloToGo have had a word with Cheshire Council or it's just a coincidence ?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mow Cop will be a breeze compared to Wincle/ Macc Forest and Swiss Hill after those miles - get some good low gears.....

Shame my shoulder is fubar'ed.....

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
a_n_t said:
nah, its the easy way through macc forest, fork left if you're feeling brave! :smile:

Ah OK - hot the Hill Climb route then.....:smile:

Not riding....bit ffttt - but my shoulder won't take it - I am not planning any long rides at the mo - can do 30 lumpy miles and it's goosed..for days...

Marko62

fossyant said:
Mow Cop will be a breeze compared to Wincle/ Macc Forest and Swiss Hill after those miles - get some good low gears.....

You've got me worried :sad:

a_n_t said:
nah, its the easy way through macc forest, fork left if you're feeling brave! ;)

THANK YOU!!!!! ;):biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom