Cheshire Cat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a_n_t

Marko62 said:
THANK YOU!!!!! B):biggrin::biggrin:

ok, when I say easy, I mean its not the 25% climb, not sure what it is tbh!

mf.jpg

you're doing the one south of trentabank res, the road north is much more fun!

Yeah, note it just has one chevron, rather than a double-chevron and a single one the other way
- it's only a mere slope, only 1:6 or so...

RedBike

andy_wrx said:
? you mean 'the route of...' ?

Sorry, I will un-offically be pre-riding the route of the Cheshire cat this Saturday.

I haven't made up my mind which of the two routes I am going to attempt.

As I wont be starting from Knutsford I will get to 'walk' Mow-cop with nearly 100miles in my legs but do the Macc forest bit first.

RedBike

Could well be me. I stopped for a while to take the photographs and have a well deserved bananna.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
How much fluid will I need to carry on the Cheshire Cat ? How much will most riders be starting out with ? I know there will be feed stations - will I be able to replenish my bottle(s) there with energy drink or will it be water ? (If it is water, I'll take some energy drink powder).

Out of interest, on the Cheshire Cat, what is the usually method of making a pitstop ? - Which I'll need, after a couple of litres of fuel. Do they have any loos on the course or is it a case of finding a discrete tree ?

This is probably a 'how long is a piece of string?' type question; do the main body of cyclists finish between 6-7 hours or 7-8 hours or 8-9 hours or slower ? I've absolutely no idea how long it will take. If I take say 9 hours, will I be cycling alone ?, will there be anyone behind me ? I've no idea of what it will be like to exercise for 9 hours ! - Except, of course, that it will be very hard & painful.

Will I receive any info. from the organisers before the event, or is it just a case of turning up and registering ? It'll be my first event and I'm starting to feel nervous !

Who is doing this event from this forum ?

RedBike

This route has never been done before. Last year I got around in 5hours ish, this year I would expect it to take me a lot longer, closer to 7. There's a lot of climbing in the second half of the route!

pubrunner

Legendary Member
RedBike said:
This route has never been done before. Last year I got around in 5hours ish, this year I would expect it to take me a lot longer, closer to 7. There's a lot of climbing in the second half of the route!

% wise, that's a fair increase in time; but are you actually doing it ? Anyone else out there doing it ?

Joe

Über Member
I'm doing it pubrunner. Not in any shape for it though! It's been months since I've ridden a 100, and I can't seem to get comfy on my bike at the moment. I'm probably gonna have to ride to the start and back too (from Crewe), so I'll probably be far out back!

naffets

Hi pubrunner,im doing it too! sounds like most of the climbing is after half way!!! as for stops and refreshments ive not done this event before.But the ones i have always have refreshment points supplying food, water,and a welcome sit down. Hoping to do on average 15-18mph around 7hrs ish + stops

Top Bottom