Cheshire Cat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe

Über Member
I rode the killer mile for the first time today too. Agree that it's not that bad, the actual steep bit is pretty short. Having said that it was a real grind on 39-25. If it's busy on the day and I can't get a clear run at it I could be in trouble!

manual now available on the website for those who might not have seen the email

http://www.mailm.co.uk/2/link.php?M=2604823&N=1430&L=1404&F=H

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Just wondering, would it be a good idea to bring some glasses with plain lenses ?; I've never done a Sportive, but on many pics that I've seen, quite a few riders do wear them.
I do know that at higher speeds - almost entirely downhill in my case, my eyes can water quite a bit and then there is the chance of flying grit etc..
Will anyone be wearing such glasses on Sunday ?

I think you'll be better off with one of these
10003435.JPG

Seriously, up to you. I wear specs anyway, but if it's wet you have rain and grit thrown up and they protect your eyes, on the other hand if it's raining really hard they're difficult to see through. You would have the choice to take them off and put them in your back pocket, or (very cool) thread them through your helmet like the pros do; I don't have that option.

taylor2441

Spare Entry for 2009

Hi All,

Does anyone have a spare place for the Cheshire Cat? I am willing to pay the full entry price originally paid.

Thankyou.
Nick

longers

Legendary Member
How was it?

The weather was pretty good eh?

Joe

Über Member
Well done all
icon_biggrin.gif
102 miler for me.

It was a lovely day for it but I had a bit of a nightmare! I was stuck with 39-25 which is massively overgeared for a skinny spinner like me. Made it up Mow Cop but unbelievably slowly (one of the kids shouted "get a move on!" at me
icon_lol.gif
) Having said that I appear to be smiling in the photo:biggrin:
http://www.robcrayton.fotopic.net/p57194626.html

Swiss Hill got me, but only due to falling off. A car was coming down and forced me into the rough edge area, I almost fell in his window
icon_lol.gif
He was nice about it though. Couldn't get started again until the flat middle section, despite a walking cyclist trying to help!

I got my feed strategy all wrong and started bonking after Macclesfield forest. After Swiss hill I totally hit the wall and couldn't get above about 8-10 miles an hour. It was weird as my legs weren't aching and had plenty of power, I just didn't have the energy to keep them spinning. All light headed and shakey, not good
icon_sad.gif

I did the ride in around 7 hours but clocked over 140 miles on the day so riding for over 9 hours as I rode to the start and back from Crewe
icon_evil.gif

Glad the weather held out or I would probably be still out there (or collapsed in a ditch somewhere)
icon_lol.gif

Fantastic seeing so many cyclists out, got to spin round the first 50 in a nice fast group. People cheering us up Mow Cop was cool too.

Hope everyone had a good one!

naffets

i was happy to get round without putting my foot down anywhere!
lovely weather and so many out,great organising. does anyone know the
links to the photographers on route

Top Bottom