Cheshire Cat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Do it on your own. Tend to be reasonably friendly events. I did my first Sportive on my own, felt a little "Billy-no-mates" at the start, but had met a few people and made a couple of friends by the end.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
haha nah i definately want someone to partner with :/ just hope i find someone :sad:
Blimey Josh, just be a bit more proactive! There are at least 3 or 4 CycleChat members on this very thread that you could potentially ride round with. I've met a couple of them before and they are nice guys. Just ask! :thumbsup:

All you have to do is post "Hi guys, I'm riding the Cheshire Cat and I'd like some company. I'm aiming to achieve an average speed of xxx mph/kph. Would anybody like to join me?"

I'd be really surprised if you didn't get 2 or 3 willing volunteers!

Holdsworth

Über Member
Hi Josh, I am up for 45 miler as it is my first sportive as well. You'd be welcome to ride alongside me as I'll be taking it nice and steady the whole way
smile.gif

jonrwg

Anyone from Birmingham? Wanted to join this sportive and it will be my first event but the earliest train from New Street to Crewe station will depart 0845. Is there any cheap place to stay for a night?

JoshD94

i have a partner now, just need to put money in the bank and enter

georgiebuzz

I will be on the Cheshire cat 67 miler, so I thought I would stretch my legs today. 67 mile round trip Lichfield to Ashbourne and I made it in one piece but being over 14 stone and on a Giant SCR4 with sora gears the "KILLER MILE" is still a concern.

Holdsworth

Über Member
I got back home around an 1hr 30 mins ago.

I thoroughly enjoyed the ride, I was a but knackered at the end but still able to walk!!! The event was well organised I thought, the feed station at Homes Chapel was well stocked with all sorts of carb foods, gels, energy drinks and malt loaf.

I took exactly 3 hours in total to go the 45 miles, including a 10-15 minute rest stop and taking a missed a left turn after Holmes Chapel
blush.gif
I ended up going through the centre of Middlewich but got myself back on the route where it goes past the salt works.

I got interviewed at the end by Parveen from the local community radio station (The Cat) and had a good chat.

I broke another spoke sometime during the ride and the Mavic mechanic snapped my crud mudguards whilst he was adjusting my brakes, £6.50 gone to replace the broken bit
angry.gif

I had a massage at the end which felt lovely and I enjoyed the free pasta dish and the goody bag
cool.gif

OP
OP
Steve H

Steve H

Large Member
Showered, fed and having a little lie down. My first Sportive is complete. I did the 67 mile route. Absolutely loved it. I found the hills really tough. Had to walk the steep bit of Mow Cop and a couple of other steep bits later on.

I found the signage excellent, and the feed stations were well stocked. Only down side was the queuing at the end for certificate and pasta. Decided not to bother and came home for some spaghetti instead.

I hope everyone else enjoyed it. You probably passed me on the way round as I was fairly slow!

Top Bottom