Chest pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HarryQuinn54

Have been experiencing really bad chest pains recently, usually starting 5 minutes into my ride, lasting approx 15-20 minutes; the pain is quite severe, family and Friends have suggested it might be Long COVID as I have never had this before, and I am now 68 but generally fit and healthy; I have had COVID. Is anyone else having this problem

Kind regards
Dave Lunt

At the very least, please call NHS 111 if you are in the UK. If your GP is operating normally, get an urgent appointment.

Depending where you are in the world, I would actually suggest you take yourself to your local decent A&E department. In the meantime, stop causing yourself pain and take advice from medical professionals, not random folk on the internet, or well-meaning family and friends (unless they are medically-qualified and know your full medical history).

PS Welcome to Cyclechat!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

Have been experiencing really bad chest pains recently, usually starting 5 minutes into my ride, lasting approx 15-20 minutes; the pain is quite severe, family and Friends have suggested it might be Long COVID as I have never had this before, and I am now 68 but generally fit and healthy; I have had COVID. Is anyone else having this problem

Kind regards
Dave Lunt

Get yourself checked over by by a doctor as soon as you can, any chest pains need treating seriously.

gzoom

Über Member
It might be nothing, but heart attacks kill more people in the UK than COViD+cancer put together.

Chest pain on excerise, there is only one causes even year 1 medical students will want to exclude!!!

Call your GP, go to.A&E ASAP. It might be nothing, but it might save your life (literally)!!!

ad.jpg

Slick

Guru
I think Harry may have been and gone and got himself checked out as it doesn't look like he's back since.

OP
OP
H

HarryQuinn54

At the very least, please call NHS 111 if you are in the UK. If your GP is operating normally, get an urgent appointment.

Depending where you are in the world, I would actually suggest you take yourself to your local decent A&E department. In the meantime, stop causing yourself pain and take advice from medical professionals, not random folk on the internet, or well-meaning family and friends (unless they are medically-qualified and know your full medical history).

PS Welcome to Cyclechat!
Thank you for your reply KittyNorah: phoning my GP is my next move

Thank you for your reply KittyNorah: phoning my GP is my next move

Glad to know you are still here - please be VERY CLEAR about the chest pain when you phone. If they put you off, please call 111 about the matter and DO NOT minimise matters. The good folks at 111 can get you an emergency appt with your GP or advise you on the next move.

Top Bottom