Childhood toys...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Really going to show my age now, Meccano sets and Hornby train set and one Christmas I had a paint by numbers picture of the Cutty sark which I completed befor emy parents arose, Dad was livid as he thought, 'HMMM thatll keep him occupied', WRONG!

oxbob

Anybody get tin robot's at xmas?

col

Legendary Member
I also had an etchasketch when i was ten,i remember taking hours following the safe cracker codes to make a masterpiece,only for my older brother to grab it and shake it clear,oo i could have shouted at him.

Abitrary

A stradivarius, until I told my father to sell it and give the proceeds to charity because I saw no further need for toys.

stradivarius-2.jpg

col

Legendary Member
I still have colditz and campaign in the attic from when i was a kid at home,cross over the bridge too.

Abitrary

oxbob said:
Anybody get tin robot's at xmas?

They look dire. I'm glad I didn't have to pretend to look pleased at being presented by my parents with one of those.

wafflycat

Spirograph
Tressy
Barbie
Kerplunk
Captain Scarlet annual
Rupert annuals
My brother's Mechano set
My bikes (first was a red Triang with stabilisers, second was a dark blue Raleigh)
Books... I loved books

Noodley

Mrs Noodley still has her Tiny Tears from 1967, which our daughters still play with.
And has just had me searching t'internet for Patch dolls, and explained to me about the yellow mac and the ballet outfits...I deserve to get the Colditz game after that! :ohmy:

col

Legendary Member
I can vaguely remember a plasticine set with moulds for captain scarlet shapes,you pushed the platicine into the moulds and it was a bugger to get out without being distorted.

Top Bottom