Childless or childfree?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My new friends here in Norway find it hard to believe that I haven't, nor do I want, any kids! I find it hard to believe that they can't understand that I don't want them!

I don't need kids to regret having them.

I am absolutely not criticising anyone who has children, but I just wonder why it is just such an 'accepted fact' that we are here to procreate and further the development of mankind.

So: with or without? And do you regret having them/not having them?

No kids here. And like you, I never will if I have anything to do with it. I love my little nephew, but I've never had any desire to have one of my own.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Same here and never had the slightest desire, helped by the fact that neither the first or the current Mrs Smokin Joe could have any.

Amazing how many people can't understand how some people don't want children, they look at you as if you are mad.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I love my 2 grown up kids but there's no reason to have them if you don't want to, or be made to feel that you should have. I can see the advantages of a child free life but I personally don't regret it.

I shall be equally sanguine if my 2 never have kids of their own. I have heard on many occasions that parents can't wait to have grandchildren which I find a bit odd.

Melvil

Don't have kids but may do in the future. Personally speaking I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with childless couples, since there's 6 billion people on the planet and, I wager, more unloved and unwanted children than unhappy childless couples.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I think there's a load of pressure on people to have kids, which, given global warming, terrorism, the state of Britain and the world food shortage, I can't help but find strange. We've been married nearly three years and people are getting quite outspoken in their views that we should be sprogged up. I actually took a top back to the shops this week because it was quite floaty (as per the fashion) and I thought I didn't need the extra pressure of people thinking I might be hiding a tummy. (I would be hiding a tummy, but not that kind of tummy).

I don't know which way we'll end up going but I'm totally with you that it's everyone's choice and what's good for one person could be awful for another. You don't need a child to be complete. It makes me quite angry too.

Abitrary

Dayvo said:
My new friends here in Norway find it hard to believe that I haven't, nor do I want, any kids! I find it hard to believe that they can't understand that I don't want them!

Oh dear. Have you never held a newborn, looked into it's eyes and marvelled at the naive wonder? Have you never held its tiny digits and wondered at the miracle of creation?

Have you never stood atop a mountain with that same baby and held it aloft and screamed unto the baby gods of the firmament I WANT ONE OF THESE!!!!! ?

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
Abitrary said:
Oh dear. Have you never held a newborn, looked into it's eyes and marvelled at the naive wonder? Have you never held its tiny digits and wondered at the miracle of creation?

Have you never stood atop a mountain with that same baby and held it aloft and screamed unto the baby gods of the firmament I WANT ONE OF THESE!!!!! ?

Yes
Yes
NO

Practice makes perfect!
I don't want perfect, I want practice! :thumbsup:

dodgy

People with kids always want their childless friends to have kids so they can share their pain :thumbsup:

Dave.

dodgy said:
People with kids always want their childless friends to have kids so they can share their pain :thumbsup:

Dave.
:tongue:

Slightly off topic Dave, but have you seen bigtallfatbloke's escapades with Garmin - in 'Touring'? He is availing himself of all available support, and as you have the mapping stuff listed on your velorider thingummybob...thought you might be able to help..?

Top Bottom