Childless or childfree?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

yenrod said:
I took it you were 30...

I was 30. A few years ago. 40 this year.

December 19th if you want to buy me a pressie :evil::smile:

Noodley

Abitrary said:
Ah, born in the chinese year of 'the monkey'.

It would appear so:

"Charming and energetic, Monkeys crave fun, activity and stimulation. They truly know how to have a good time and can often be seen swinging from one group of friends to another, attracting a motley crew in the process. Always upbeat, they are considered minor celebrities in their circle thanks to their sparkling wit and that rapier-sharp mind. Perhaps surprisingly, Monkeys are also good listeners and tackle complicated situations with ease. This Sign's natural curiosity lends it the desire to become knowledgeable on a broad range of topics."

:evil::smile:;)

Keith Oates

Janner
I have two children and wouldn't change it any other way, but there are times when I wonder if I've done them any favours by bringing them into this world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Night Train

Maker of Things
I would love to have children, always have done but I am childless out of choice. I chose not to have children, or to risk haveing children in all my relationships as they haven't bene the right ones to have children in. This has either been because we both knew it would not last or that she didn't want children or want anymore children.

I am now 41 and the age range of potential women I would consider for a relationship is tending towards not wanting or not wanting anymore children. It is getting less and less likely I will get the opportunity to have children of my own so I am happy to step parent instead.

I'm a child free zone too though a step-carer for the last eleven years. I never felt rich enough, responsible enough, in the right relationship or mature enough to have kids before I met K. We never 'used anything', she never fell preggers and now she's approaching 50 so the window of opportunity has passed.

Never mind.

One of K's friends is desperate to and can't and it has caused her so much grief, the raised expectations of IVF and the subsequent crushing disappointment when it fails yet again. Such a shame. There are people popping one out after the other, straight into the care of social services, whilst people like C and her husband who would undoubtably be excellent parents can't conceive.

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
Noodley said:
"Charming and energetic, Monkeys crave fun, activity and stimulation. They truly know how to have a good time and can often be seen swinging from one group of friends to another, attracting a motley crew in the process. Always upbeat, they are considered minor celebrities in their circle thanks to their sparkling wit and that rapier-sharp mind. Perhaps surprisingly, Monkeys are also good listeners and tackle complicated situations with ease. This Sign's natural curiosity lends it the desire to become knowledgeable on a broad range of topics."

You made that up! :smile:

I thought you were about my age - 48!

Well, I suppose you have a more legit. reason to be childish than me! Maybe I'm approaching my 2nd childhood (or still stuck in the first one :evil:).

Cathryn

Legendary Member
surfgurl said:
30 on Monday. I am hovering between denial and hysteria.

Chick, it's fine. Hideous the day before but once you get there, it's actually quite fun!! I had a wicked time being 30! I found it quite empowering, like people took me more seriously now I was 30. I've enjoyed my 30s too so far.

However birthdays from 31 upwards...no fun whatsoever.

Have a wonderful birthday. Hope you get spoiled rotten.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I always knew I wanted kids, but occasionally I want to hand mine back... they can be hard work!!! (This mornings rebellion is over the fact I want one of them to go get in the bath!!! so I can have that lovely task of checking for things with legs - yuk). Equally they can give so much pleasure too. I have one group of friends where we are the only ones with kids, so I don't have a problem with other folk not having kids. One of my siblings needed help to get pregnant and that was really hard for them going through the process.

There are definately some who shouldn't have kids... unfortunately they seem to have had them ... then just have another when the first one is too much hassle.

TVC

I think the old quote goes:

'I like kids, I just like holidays more'

Mrs C and I have no desire for children and feel content as we are, however in a previous relationship my partner and I wanted children above anything else. I don't feel I've changed at all, it's just that the dynamics of the relationship are completely different - Strange really.

I've got two boys (1 and 3 years old). They can be huge amounts of fun and amazingly frustrating (neither of them slept for the first 9 months!) all at the same time.Life certainly changes when you have kids and I think some people (although few admit it) find the changes hard, significant drop in social life, lack of money, lack of sleep, poo, wee, sick..!:ohmy: I've had my moments!

However, when you get a day like Friday when our youngest started walking (not just one or two steps, more like 20 or thirty!) then you realise that it is worth it. :wacko:

If you want kids and can have them, then brilliant. If you don't want them then don't. Each to their own, live and let live etc!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I am a proud dad of a GORGEOUS 9 week old baby girl. Me and my partner are late starters, me 41, she 40. Our world has become complete. But it is our world, not something we can impress onto or pressure others to go into. As has already been said there are more unwanted unloved children in this world than there are unwanting childless couples. We chose to have and are extremely grateful for our little one. I applaud other people's choice not to have children. I just wish some of the dregs of society would stop churning out kids they don't want, just so they get more social benefits.

Top Bottom