Children and where food comes from

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Yes this should be in the intellectual section so they can blame the Tories..

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It's possible because children are increasingly not allowed to get out and get dirty in the natural environment (or what's left of it in urban areas). They're chauffered everywhere in overlarge cars, and not allowed to get themselves hurt (and learn from it).

It's pretty depressing, and I really feel sorry for this generation. :sad:
Do we know if that's for real, or is it a meme?

I'm happy to see neighbours out cycling more and more, despite us living directly on the busy A10 and having to cross it to get anywhere other than the two nearest dead-end side roads.

When you've helped in this
View attachment 356795
then a few years later its on your plate.

mmmm beef

1305383917968.jpg

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Have you met the parents? then you would see how possible it is.:wacko:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I'm surprised that only 1 in 10 are unaware tomatoes grow in the air rather than underground, but a third think fish fingers are made with something other than, well, for want of a better word, fish. That's not food-knowledge, that's language-knowledge. What do they think hamburgers are made out of, beef?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm surprised that only 1 in 10 are unaware tomatoes grow in the air rather than underground, but a third think fish fingers are made with something other than, well, for want of a better word, fish. That's not food-knowledge, that's language-knowledge. What do they think hamburgers are made out of, beef?
I have to admit that it took me a good while to work out that there's no ham in a hamburger.

Top Bottom