Children of the 70s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member
We're still waiting to find out what the thread s actually about
People who grew up in the 1970s and are still stuck there, or anything that this thread drifts to.
I'm stuck in front of my VDU waiting for work to come through. I've got to keep reminding myself that there are people on zero hours contracts who would love to be paid to sit around all day bored out of their brains.

D

Deleted member 26715

People who grew up in the 1970s and are still stuck there
Are you sure? How many channels does your TV have? How far can your car go on 1 Gallon of it's poison, go to a Supermarket & see the range of food available, I suspect you are only stuck there because you want to be. As for your term VDU, that is very telling, not heard it called one of them for over 25 years

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Are you sure? How many channels does your TV have? How far can your car go on 1 Gallon of it's poison, go to a Supermarket & see the range of food available, I suspect you are only stuck there because you want to be. As for your term VDU, that is very telling, not heard it called one of them for over 25 years
You didn’t care because you barely watched tv as you had plenty to amuse you. You only used your car for long journeys and holidays and it was 7/ 6d a gallon and you had several well stocked village shops with fresh produce from the local farms and employed several of the village population. I know which I prefer too.

Levo-Lon

Guru
You didn’t care because you barely watched tv as you had plenty to amuse you. You only used your car for long journeys and holidays and it was 7/ 6d a gallon and you had several well stocked village shops with fresh produce from the local farms and employed several of the village population. I know which I prefer too.

Bang on..we'll never get that again

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I was born in 1952, I don't remember anything from 1969/70, in fact 67 to about 76 are a bit of a mystery, the eldest was born 1977 and he is a bit of a mystery.
If you can remember the 60's you weren't there man!!!:wacko::crazy:

OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member

You seem to have misread my post. I didn't say that I was stuck in the 1970s, this thread is about people who are.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Decimalisation was the start of the rot, my pocket money went from 1s/3d to 6 1/2 new pence overnight.
In order to recoup my losses I had to start working, too young for a paper round so I was cutting lawns (with a push mower) and fetching shopping to make ends meet. :angel:

I sense a certain confusion the thread between "born in the 70s" and adult in the 70s and views on it.

Confusion possibly because OP less than clear for certain reasons best known to them.

Top Bottom