Children of the 70s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Born in the 1960s. Good to see recently via Elon Musk that we are developing the capacity to put people into space again. Be sending them to the moon again soon I expect.

I recon all in all the 60s was a good time to be born, growing up in the 70s, university with no debt and buying my first house for £19k with a 100% mortgage. Still my son thinks it must have been unimaginably awful with no computing or internet but I recon that was a blessing to.

Bet your friends were all healthy and played out all day long.. Kids now with their phone and Xbox lives.. Tut tut

So you know my intentions better than me?

Oh, and Angela Smith and Amber Rudd both grew up in the 70s and the last time I looked they were both white.
Can't see this ending well.

Possibly the intention.

Have a nice day all.

pawl

Legendary Member
Thank God those days have gone. For all the local shops employing local people unemployment was higher than it is now, wages were lower in real terms and a lot of the industries that we fondly remember through rose coloured specs involved back breaking work carried out in unsafe conditions. The food we got from those local shops wasn't all that either, a lot of it was kept in conditions that were less than hygienic.

It is no accident that people now live longer and enjoy good health far later in life than they used to.

Trouble is every on moans about us oldies living to long.

There's lots of things I thought and did some years ago that are no longer seen as acceptable. Not being in a minority that suffers from inequality I was either oblivious to the problems or dismissive of the harm that it can cause.

As I grew up, met more people, saw for myself and had explained to me the issues, I can now see that there was/is massive problems with things that many turned a blind eye too. I learnt and no longer do it.

Harking back to the good old days and viewing it through rose tinted glasses either means you haven't met anyone who has managed to explain the harm some of the things we did/say were harmful or don;t accept the validity of harm it causes.

In summary, many did/say bad things. Some of us are capable of learning the error after seeing the harm it does, some of us don't.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Child of the seventies.

People older than me and people younger than me balk when I drink straight from the hosepipe.

Child of the seventies.. Just born in the sixties.

People younger than me balk when I drink straight from the stream.

Where's there's muck there's healthy innards :rolleyes:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
There's lots of things I thought and did some years ago that are no longer seen as acceptable. Not being in a minority that suffers from inequality I was either oblivious to the problems or dismissive of the harm that it can cause.

As I grew up, met more people, saw for myself and had explained to me the issues, I can now see that there was/is massive problems with things that many turned a blind eye too. I learnt and no longer do it.

Harking back to the good old days and viewing it through rose tinted glasses either means you haven't met anyone who has managed to explain the harm some of the things we did/say were harmful or don;t accept the validity of harm it causes.

In summary, many did/say bad things. Some of us are capable of learning the error after seeing the harm it does, some of us don't.

Well said that man.. :okay:

(assuming gender follows name here)

Levo-Lon

Guru

Agreed..
If my mother did to me now if I was a child what she did in the 70s as a kid she'd be locked up..

Don't miss that

Levo-Lon

Guru
I am a child of the 40s(early 40s) I was 29 at the start of the seventies,all i can remember was Red Barrel cost 50 p a pint.

As for you my dear fellow, your a treasured member of society

And your age group are keeping thousands in work, so look at it that way.

I work in care now, tho I'm starting to think I need it :laugh:

Top Bottom