Children of the 70s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Are you seriously equating men being ridiculed at work alongside sexual assault? There is no balance in that. The fact you can even put them in the same sentence shows how little we've come in some cases.

Thank you for saying that .

So that i didn't have to :rain:

Thank you for saying that .

So that i didn't have to :rain:
Honestly, I despair of this forum sometimes.

Levo-Lon

Guru
View attachment 457173

I remember my late Grandad used to smoke 60 a day Regal, and often got things with the coupons in the packets. He lived until his late 80's, worked shifts down the pit all his life, he was also slightly over-weight. I'm a 70's child, but I never started smoking until the 80's. I used to buy 10 Regal for 55p with my dinner money. So they must've went up a bit, I'm guessing this advert is in the 70's. Can't believe the price of them now, pleased I jacked in..

Embassy filter, were 3 before name changed.. Was my fag of choice.. Perfect fag and just the right amount of tobacco to make a perfect spliff.. I was probably 10-15 a day, and smoked the rest as normal.. No wonder i have a odd view of things :crazy:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Online banking makes life easier - sometimes ...

But I do miss sending the postal paper vat return to

"The VAT Controller"

( first line of address)

Who says tax officials have no sense of humour?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
That is a fair point but to equate ridicule with sexual assault is entirely wrong.
Afnug is actually right.

I was fortunate in not working in a factory that had a shop floor department staffed entirely by women until I was older. But when I did none but the bravest apprentices would venture in there, they would immediately be surrounded, debagged and have their manhood fondled and inspected to see "What they had" whilst often having their faces buried in the chest of some amply proportioned woman. The women were nearly all married and in their thirties and upwards and were every bit as bad as their male counterparts. A few people with a rather cruel sense of humour used to find an excuse to send the young lads into the lions den on some pretext or other.

Factory floor work was not for the faint hearted back then, and no use complaining to the foreman who knew what was going on and was often part of it.

pawl

Legendary Member
Are you sure? When we started going to the pub in '76 aged 16 we could get 3 pints of Whitbread & 3 packets of Walkers & get change out of £1. Couldn't go on the best room as it was just over £1.

Could be wrong.i remember going to the pub with my brother,I said I’ll have a plant of Red Barrel., o you won’t said big brother I’m not paying 50p for that stuff you will have ordinary bitter,.Tight sod.

Venod

Eh up
Could be wrong.i remember going to the pub with my brother,I said I’ll have a plant of Red Barrel., o you won’t said big brother I’m not paying 50p for that stuff you will have ordinary bitter,.Tight sod.

I seem to remember Red Barrel being 1s 10d a pint prior to decimalisation, 50p or 10s seems high, must have been London prices.

Slioch

Guru
No one's mentioned Punk Rock yet. I loved some of the music, but it wasn't my parents cup of tea.:laugh:

Do we have any ex' punks on here who'd like to share a story? Is anyone still dressing as a punk?

I trended more towards the Mod side of things, although I never had a scooter, or a parka, so that probably doesn't make me a Mod at all :sad:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Are you seriously equating men being ridiculed at work alongside sexual assault? There is no balance in that. The fact you can even put them in the same sentence shows how little we've come in some cases.
I know first hand of working in a factory when a young guy was leaning over a machine when an older woman put her hands between his legs and grabbed his b*****ks.
I believe abuse of females was more prevelant but young male abuse really did happen.

I know first hand of working in a factory when a young guy was leaning over a machine when an older woman put her hands between his legs and grabbed his b*****ks.
I believe abuse of females was more prevelant but young male abuse really did happen.
That’s hurrendius sexual assault.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Yes I was a child of the revolution, just not sure what the revolution was...

Had its pros and cons as each generation does

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom