Children of the 70s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Like, That's as funny as copulation ?
?

D

Deleted member 26715

Around here there is a Northern expression with is a 4 letter word for copulation which I'm pretty sure I can't type here, well I know I can type it, but it would not be acceptable.

For me, born in 1960s but with a 70s childhood, it was a time of modernisation, progress, upward mobility, blurring of class divides, cub scouts, white dog poo, Blue Peter rather than Magpie, Tomorrow's World, package holidays, avacado, shrimp salad, black forest gateaux. Flamboyant clothing and a Gary Glitter who to me seemed somehow creepy. Britain looked up, out and forward and occasionally behind.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Whatever era you were a child or teenager in was great in hindsight. No responsibilities

But if you were an adult in the 70s it was, compared to today, pretty crap. People were poorer, less healthy, less socially mobile, less tolerant

70s or 60s or whatever weren't great, they were crap compared to now. It was your childhood that was great
Well, the 80's were a bit crap with all that unemployment and an intransigent uncaring Tory Govt....bit like now?.

Reactions: gbb

Rocky

Hello decadence
We were never called latch key kids as nobody locked their doors
You were lucky, we didn't even have a door. We lived in a hole in the ground.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
I was a 60’s child and a 70’s late teens.
What a great place England was then, not like now.
This country has become an armpit of a dog hole, for all and sundry.
This country actually makes me physically sick these days.
I totally agree; the xenophobia and racism I encounter on a daily basis make me sick too!
So glad we agree on this!

Top Bottom