Children of the 70s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Fags were cheap, and you could get a pint of Watney's Red Barrel for 16p.
And you could have a damn good night out ending with some fish and chips and still have change from half a crown!

winjim

Smash the cistern

I hold the door for old ladies
Run into fires and save babies
I went to school in the eighties

I'm the shoot​

D

Deleted member 26715

You seem to have misread my post. I didn't say that I was stuck in the 1970s, this thread is about people who are.
No I don't think I did, I'm not sure this post is anything to do with when people were born, for instance your 2 examples were both born in the 60's, clearly both have irritated you in some way, maybe because they are women, or maybe because they are of colour, maybe both, I notice you don't mention Jacob Rees Mogg, who although born in the last year of the 60's would have been a child of the 70's & is definitely stuck there.
Neither lady quoted in post 1 or 2 were born in the 70's. Shouldn't the thread be called 60's children?
No I think it is more sinister than that.
And you could have a damn good night out ending with some fish and chips and still have change from half a crown!
Only for the 1st year

winjim

Smash the cistern
No I don't think I did, I'm not sure this post is anything to do with when people were born, for instance your 2 examples were both born in the 60's, clearly both have irritated you in some way, maybe because they are women, or maybe because they are of colour,
You do know who those people are?

OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member
No I don't think I did, I'm not sure this post is anything to do with when people were born, for instance your 2 examples were both born in the 60's, clearly both have irritated you in some way, maybe because they are women, or maybe because they are of colour, maybe both, I notice you don't mention Jacob Rees Mogg, who although born in the last year of the 60's would have been a child of the 70's & is definitely stuck there.

So you know my intentions better than me?

Oh, and Angela Smith and Amber Rudd both grew up in the 70s and the last time I looked they were both white.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
You didn’t care because you barely watched tv as you had plenty to amuse you. You only used your car for long journeys and holidays and it was 7/ 6d a gallon and you had several well stocked village shops with fresh produce from the local farms and employed several of the village population. I know which I prefer too.
Thank God those days have gone. For all the local shops employing local people unemployment was higher than it is now, wages were lower in real terms and a lot of the industries that we fondly remember through rose coloured specs involved back breaking work carried out in unsafe conditions. The food we got from those local shops wasn't all that either, a lot of it was kept in conditions that were less than hygienic.

It is no accident that people now live longer and enjoy good health far later in life than they used to.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Decimalisation was the start of the rot, my pocket money went from 1s/3d to 6 1/2 new pence overnight.
In order to recoup my losses I had to start working, too young for a paper round so I was cutting lawns (with a push mower) and fetching shopping to make ends meet. :angel:

You were lucky, we lived in a cardboard box.. Lived on dripping like..

That decimalisation was a bugger, money got all tiny and worthless

lane

Veteran
Born in the 1960s. Good to see recently via Elon Musk that we are developing the capacity to put people into space again. Be sending them to the moon again soon I expect.

I recon all in all the 60s was a good time to be born, growing up in the 70s, university with no debt and buying my first house for £19k with a 100% mortgage. Still my son thinks it must have been unimaginably awful with no computing or internet but I recon that was a blessing to.

U

User6179

No I think it is more sinister than that.

I don't think you could mischaracterise a posters post more than you have did here.:smile:

Top Bottom