Chocolate Bars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
What. The. Actual. Feck. Is. Going. On?

I bought an Aero earlier today, a mint one, the layer of chocolate on it was so thin I could see the green stuff through it.

KitKats where's the chocolate gone?

Club Biscuits "if you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit join our club" Well Don't!

Lion Bar I had earlier today, feck all chocolate on it compared to what they used to have years ago.

The world has gone to hell in a hand basket, so it has.

Its funny, chocolate bars rarely chnage as people pick up on the slightest change. I read somehwere years ago that the wrappers are very similar in design to 20 years ago as people are instantly turned off to any change in chocolate bars. The conspiracy is that they change the colouring everyso slightly that it is unpercepitble to the eye but subconciously you notice a difference and are drawn to it making you notice it, therofore more likely to buy it.

Marathon became Snickers nearly 23 years ago yet I and many others still think of it as Marathons

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I am a Kit Kat expert.
One 4 finger a day at work for the last god knows how many years.
They haven't changed.

I am a Kit Kat expert.
They haven't changed.
I didn't think they ahve either...other than then new horrible plastis wrapping. The 2 finger ones still have the paper-wrap and the foil.

Oh, my darling OH bought me a special 5-finger one at the weekend!

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I am a Kit Kat expert.
They haven't changed.

Whilst I respect you, and hold dear to everything you say, I'm afraid i have challenge you in this respect. I am certain that when I was a child the four finger Kitkat was mainly a wafer biscuit throughout covered in quite a lot of Chocolate, which would give the consumer a satisfying snap when separated, not the four separate wafer biscuits, joined but barely covered in chocolate that holds the biscuits together that we get today.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Whilst I respect you, and hold dear to everything you say, I'm afraid i have challenge you in this respect. I am certain that when I was a child the four finger Kitkat was mainly a wafer biscuit throughout covered in quite a lot of Choclolate, which would give the consumer a satisfying snap when separated, not the four seperate wafer biscuits, joined but barley covered in chocolate that holds the biscuits together that we get today.

Challenge away my friend.
But you do still get that satisfying snap of the fingers.
And Mr O MarkyMark O is with me on this.....

MarkF

Guru
I am a Kit Kat expert.
They haven't changed.

Yes they have, where's the inner foil? I got pleasure from unwrapping the kit-kat, suspended pleasure, now it's just a poor do. :angry: I won't but another till I get a foil inner, same goes for Smarties, who wants Smarties if you can't fanny about popping the top?

PS haven't seen 2 finger ones for years, I will seek them out. :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes they have, where's the inner foil? I got pleasure from unwrapping the kit-kat, suspended pleasure, now it's just a poor do. :angry: I won't but another till I get a foil inner, same goes for Smarties, who wants Smarties if you can't fanny about popping the top?

we're talking bout the choccy not the wrap.
If you buy the 2 finger version you get the foil wrap still.

Smarties are now just rubbish.
Now that they have got rid of all the shiny e number colourings they are a pale imitation of what they used to be.

The irony is that the two fingers one cost more for EXACTLY the same thing but I still prefer them!

As for popping tops off smarties, its to do with security of preventing people with tampering with your food on the shelf. Obviously the new card tubes are cheaper but I think they probably would have stuck with it.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
...But you do still get that satisfying snap of the fingers.
And Mr O MarkyMark O is with me ...

You two are but mere whipper snappers and are not old enough to have know the Kitkat of ye olde thymes, when to break a Kitkat you had to have balls of brass, and nerves of steel.

Top Bottom