Chocolate Bars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I remember when a Mars Bar cost 6p and a Milky Way cost 3p. Snicker bars were called Marathons in those days. Salt and vinegar flavour crisps came in blue packets, while cheese and onion came in green. I don't think Double Deckers or Cadbury's Caramel bars had even been invented then. I am pretty sure Daim bars hadn't.

MarkF

Guru
As for popping tops off smarties, its to do with security of preventing people with tampering with your food on the shelf. Obviously the new card tubes are cheaper but I think they probably would have stuck with it.

I don't believe that, it's primarily for economic reasons and probably to also steal simple pleasures from the proletariat. :angry: You can still get into sherbet dips (if you were so inclined) but they now use a horrible thin plastic tube not the cardboard one that used to unspiral as it got wet and degrade into a mush with the sherbet, yum.

TBh I don't have sweet tooth and rarely eat them, however I did like fannying about with kit-kats and especially smartie tubes & tops.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I remember when a Mars Bar cost 6p and a Milky Way cost 3p. Snicker bars were called Marathons in those days. Salt and vinegar flavour crisps came in blue packets, while cheese and onion came in green. I don't think Double Deckers or Cadbury's Caramel bars had even been invented then. I am pretty sure Daim bars hadn't.

I can remember when Mars bars were 6d (old pennies) and Milky Way was thruppence

redcard

Veteran
Is it me or are Double Deckers absolutely massive these days?
You know, the proper ones you get in vending machines..

postman

Legendary Member
Sainsbugs do a basic choc bar white,milk or dark.35p,the dark is superb.Last week i called into Aldi they did some at 33p but none this week,so i tried a 200g bar £1-09p dark choc and hazelnuts,magnificent it was,but i cannot recall what it was called.Much better value than well known brands.

redcard

Veteran
Sainsbugs do a basic choc bar white,milk or dark.35p,the dark is superb.Last week i called into Aldi they did some at 33p but none this week,so i tried a 200g bar £1-09p dark choc and hazelnuts,magnificent it was,but i cannot recall what it was called.Much better value than well known brands.

Farmfoods are doing 2 big(ish) Dairy Milks / Yorkies and a couple of other bars for £1, or 59p each

Top Bottom