Chocolate Bars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Thats a £1 less than I paid in 2001.

Lance Jack

Über Member
Fruit and nut sounds good to me. What are you complaining about? :thumbsup:
Cadburys_Fruit_Nut_49g.jpg
I can just about put up with fruit and nuts but I miss that Yorkie! See what happens when you go hot and sandy places? They ditch the chocolate. :sad: It doesn't travel to well.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
Well no actually, not entirely. Manufacturers are terrified of increasing prices and losing market share so they would rather re-size or reformulate a product than increase the retail price. They have legions of marketing people who do nothing other than check competitor shares and prices all day long; how boring is that?

That sounds like someone's childhood ambitions achieved.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I miss the king size Mars / Snickers bars. Having two little bars in the same pack doesn't quite do it in the same way that one mahooosive one does...

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
In the army we have 24hr ration packs, everything you need to eat and it works out about 2000 calories. All sorts of menus and they come in a box that is numbered so you try to get a different number/menu each time. You can have a Vegetarian/Halal/Kosher etc. Now, the old menus always had a Yorkie bar in, it had "Not for civvies" across it. Use to love that, middle of the night in the middle of some s*** hole, normally very cold or wet or both, I would eat that, Just made you feel a bit better about yourself. Problem is chocolate does not travel to well in hot sandy places so we got a whole new ration pack designed for us. Out went the Yorkie, in came NUTS! Sometimes fruit and NUTS! Nuts do not make you feel better about yourself.
Fed up just writing about that, how could they swap chocolate for nuts!:banghead:

If anybody needs chocolate it's the army. They should get the whatever they want and in large portions.:whistle:

Top Bottom