Chocolate Bars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Strange, you can't buy those cigarette sweets any more.

My local newsagents has a good selection, they are now packaged differently, but the kids happily puff away all the same............

Globalti

Legendary Member
Nothing to do with corporate greed then!

Well no actually, not entirely. Manufacturers are terrified of increasing prices and losing market share so they would rather re-size or reformulate a product than increase the retail price. They have legions of marketing people who do nothing other than check competitor shares and prices all day long; how boring is that?

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Fans of chocolate, sweet & crisp nostalgia should get a hold of 'The Great British Tuckshop' book .I got it for 99p in one of the Kindle special deals last year and read it on my Nexus 7 instead of the Kindle because it's choc-full (sorry!) of fantastic colour pics. A lovely history of all your old favourites!

These are still the real deal:

P1010904_zps2b885c66.jpg

Sorry, there's only one left and I'm having it..

I am with you on that. I love them. I did have the Tunnock's boy logo as my avatar for years but quite a few people said I came across as a smug git or something like that. I did look just like that as a boy.
Oddly Tunnocks seem to only make two products Caramel Bars and Tea Cakes.

Many years ago a friend said that his girlfriend had nipples like Tunnocks Tea Cakes so I have not quite been able to look at them in the same way since.
Alex Salmond may have heard the same story.....
2631124777.jpg

This thread brought to mind the Mars Bar Index

It's about time there was an update.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Today I have had a Double Decker and there's a bag of giant chocolate buttons awaiting my attention in the fridge. I blame this thread. :hungry:
I've been abstemious and only had one packet of minstrels.....I blame myself for having no self-control :giggle:

I have had no chocolate :angel: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

yet

tadpole

Don't get me started on the cost of Penny Wafers. (the sweet pink sweet wafer bar, and not the old girl stood on the corner of the street late at night)

Can't eat any Cadburys product now as most of them, if not all, have been infested with whey. I have an intolerance to whey that triggers an aural migraine so effectively robs me of a whole day. Thanks Cadburys!
regretfully i can't eat any of them at all any more. :sad::cry: I'm allergic to all dairy products (anaphylactic shock), but there are still one or two options involving chocolate around but they need £££'s for the ones that are actually edible! recently found a really nice hotel chocolate nut log - tis only the price that sends you into shock, not the contents!

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Top Bottom