Chocolate Bars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Posting as someone on the edge of the sweet manufacturing industry I can tell you that A) most of the interesting Smartie colours have been banned by Brussells and B) all manufacturers are reducing the size of their product rather than increase the price. If it were not for this strategy you'd all be on here complaining that a choccy bar that used to cost £0.30 is now costing £1.30 because the cost of the raw materials has increased so much, especially around 2010/11.

redcard

Veteran
Posting as someone on the edge of the sweet manufacturing industry I can tell you that A) most of the interesting Smartie colours have been banned by Brussells and B) all manufacturers are reducing the size of their product rather than increase the price. If it were not for this strategy you'd all be on here complaining that a choccy bar that used to cost £0.30 is now costing £1.30 because the cost of the raw materials has increased so much, especially around 2010/11.

Nothing to do with corporate greed then!

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Giant chocolate buttons? Now then what's going on there? They are not as good as normal buttons, they don't seem to have the same bite to them. AND they are not giant either. They should be called Slightly Larger Than Normal Chocolate Buttons.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
You bite through chocolate buttons? ...sacrilege.
You are supposed to put two in your mouth each time , back to back and then let them melt in your mouth until they're gone.
... perhaps that's just me...:whistle:

Just you. Only girls, and boys that like musical theatre eat choccy buttons like that.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
I remember when a Mars Bar cost 6p and a Milky Way cost 3p. Snicker bars were called Marathons in those days. Salt and vinegar flavour crisps came in blue packets, while cheese and onion came in green. I don't think Double Deckers or Cadbury's Caramel bars had even been invented then. I am pretty sure Daim bars hadn't.
From a time I remember, all bars of the time were 6d, except Mars bars which were 7d. A milky Way (which was chewier and thicker then) was 3d and a packet of sweet fags were 2d.

MarkF

Guru
Hardly ever buy sweets but if they brought these back then I'd buy one every day. I still think fondly of the lime cordial. :smile: Sadly most sweets I did like are no longer made, Glees, Spangles, Old Jamaica........:sad:

Screenshot2011-06-19at235810+(1).jpg

PaulB

Legendary Member
Can't eat any Cadburys product now as most of them, if not all, have been infested with whey. I have an intolerance to whey that triggers an aural migraine so effectively robs me of a whole day. Thanks Cadburys!

MarkF

Guru
Can't eat any Cadburys product now as most of them, if not all, have been infested with whey. I have an intolerance to whey that triggers an aural migraine so effectively robs me of a whole day. Thanks Cadburys!

They have changed Milk Tray, reduced choice, replicated others and no matter what "flavour" they are supposed to be, they all taste the same (like chinese takeaways or supermarket fruit), they are rubbish, no wonder they are now always on special offer.

Top Bottom