Chocolate Milk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

format

Über Member
Recently have been really enjoying the effects of drinking chocolate milk after a ride. Seems to really help with sore & stiff legs.

Anyone else enjoy chocolate milk, or do people prefer protein shakes or what have you?

TissoT

Guru
Milk in general is known to be a good muscle food !
"Fast protein" its broken down quickly (amino acids) in the the blood stream
I just drink milk ... less sugar than the pre made shakes

Last edited:

Alun

Guru
+1 for chocolate milk! It definitely seems to work and doesn't need refrigeration, which can be an advantage if you are away from home.

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
I love milk me ^_^ it's THE thing that's sorts me out after a decent ride.
I vaguely remember a recent thread on the topic of milk....

hopless500

Trundling along
Chocolate milk works for me. Helps stop the incredibly fast freeze-down that I normally suffer from.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Can't stand milk. It's slimy and it makes me gag just thinking about it. I think this is the long-term effect of being forced to drink it everyday at school when I was young.
Try skimmed milk. I would struggle with full-fat milk now after years drinking skimmed.

tyred

Legendary Member
I used to drink milk be the gallon when I was younger but only have it on breakfast cereal now. I could never drink a glass of milk any more - just don't like it and find it makes me bloated. Cow's milk is very good for calves but not necessarily so for human!

Alun

Guru
Jahangir Khan used to drink 2 pints of milk every day. (For our younger readers, he was quite good at squash.)

Top Bottom