Cholesterol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
So late last week, I had a fasted blood test to check the high reading from my heart checkup. No eating or drinking after 10pm, appointment was at 8.30am. Going without food was fine, but not drinking anything was horrible!

ANYWAY...my new cholesterol reading is 4.33 so well-within the safe limit.

I'm thrilled to bits obviously, but am taking it as a reminder that I'm not invincible. I'll cut out the butter as I've found low-fat spread surprisingly nice. I'll continue to only eat small amounts of cheese, as surprisingly, I've not missed it too much. I'll keep with the semi-skimmed as my taste-buds have got used to it and whole milk now tastes a little sickly. It's been a good sense-check to not be blasé about my heart health.

JhnBssll

Veteran
That's fab news, well done :becool:

davidphilips

Veteran
Porridge as said in an earlier post lowers cholesterol as do turmeric, plant steroids and garlic, only my view but nothing beats a good diet, but if your cholesterol is high then up to your self if you want to try and sort it out your self through diet or supplements but it should be done in consultation with your doctor and if advised by your doctor then statins should be taken, remember any one not taking there doctors advice is putting there health and there life at risk?

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I have an enlarged aorta too (although it’s genetic). Woohoo! Aorta twins!

I saw an operation to replace a diseased aorta on cutting edge operations , shown last year. The aorta is bloody massive. I was surprised at its diameter when I saw them inserting the artificial one. Should not have been really considering how much blood you pump through it when working reasonably hard.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
So late last week, I had a fasted blood test to check the high reading from my heart checkup. No eating or drinking after 10pm, appointment was at 8.30am. Going without food was fine, but not drinking anything was horrible!

ANYWAY...my new cholesterol reading is 4.33 so well-within the safe limit.

I'm thrilled to bits obviously, but am taking it as a reminder that I'm not invincible. I'll cut out the butter as I've found low-fat spread surprisingly nice. I'll continue to only eat small amounts of cheese, as surprisingly, I've not missed it too much. I'll keep with the semi-skimmed as my taste-buds have got used to it and whole milk now tastes a little sickly. It's been a good sense-check to not be blasé about my heart health.

Excellent news. Now keep the improved diet up 🙂

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I saw an operation to replace a diseased aorta on cutting edge operations , shown last year. The aorta is bloody massive. I was surprised at its diameter when I saw them inserting the artificial one. Should not have been really considering how much blood you pump through it when working reasonably hard.

Ew....not sure I want to watch that. The effort of the aorta was something they watched when I was pregnant as apparently you have 1/3 more blood in you when pregnant so the heart has to work harder.

vickster

Legendary Member
Porridge as said in an earlier post lowers cholesterol as do turmeric, plant steroids and garlic, only my view but nothing beats a good diet, but if your cholesterol is high then up to your self if you want to try and sort it out your self through diet or supplements but it should be done in consultation with your doctor and if advised by your doctor then statins should be taken, remember any one not taking there doctors advice is putting there health and there life at risk?
Plant Steroids or sterols?

Top Bottom