Chris Boardman's mum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If she was a pedestrian would she have died in a walking incident? It removes agency.
Yes, and would they say a pedestrian died when they collided with a lorry?

I wonder what excuse they gave to explain the failure to stop? Only "spoken to" I note...
Doesn't really matter. As long as the jury think they're sorry and it was all just a terrible accident they'll acquit or worst case, get a suspended sentence anyway.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
According to teh Wiki

A person is to be regarded as driving dangerously for the purposes of sections 1 and 2 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 if

• the way he/she drives falls far below what would be expected of a competent and careful driver, and it would be obvious to a competent and careful driver that driving in that way would be dangerous;[2] or
  • if it would be obvious to a competent and careful driver that driving the vehicle in its current state (for the purpose of the determination of which regard may be had to anything attached to or carried on or in it, and to the manner in which it is attached or carried) would be dangerous.[3]
I'm sure most readers here would regard what he did as meeting this definition.

However, the test the Crown Prosecution Service applies is whether there is a realistic prospect of conviction. Experience shows that juries made up of motorists do not convict motorists of such offences. So it never goes to trial for dangerous driving.

This is depressing.

I did a google search and this is a retrial. He was being tried in July along with his wife for perverting the course of justice because they deleted their phone records, and he was being charged dangerous and careless driving. A mistrial was directed, and she was freed.

No wonder he decided to plead guilty to the lesser charge:

Yesterday the court was shown three videos found on Mr Rosney’s phone which he appeared to have taken while he was driving.

In one, he filmed himself, with his young son next to him sleeping in the passenger seat, as he sang along to All Cried Out by Blonde.

The other two clips appeared to show the steering wheel and dashboard of his Mitsubishi pick-up truck, which he bought 11 days before the fatal collision, and the road ahead as he drove.

-----------
There was a home CCTV camera that recorded the incident. Apparently Mrs Boardman fell off her bike 3 or 4 seconds before the pick up can be seen going up and down, presumably over her body. So it wasn't a collision of any sort, he ran over her.

(all from various articles on https://www.dailypost.co.uk)

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
With this guy's attitude to driving it seems inevitable he would kill someone sooner or later.

When will the legal system start handing out sentences that would really act as a warning to other slipshod drivers?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
With this guy's attitude to driving it seems inevitable he would kill someone sooner or later.

When will the legal system start handing out sentences that would really act as a warning to other slipshod drivers?
Sentences for causing death by careless or dangerous driving make no difference to the number of such instances. Everyone who drives in such a manner does so in the absolute certainty that they can retain full control of the vehicle in all circumstances and they will never cause an accident.

alicat

Legendary Member
I'm surprised there was no charge of failing to stop after a collision. It's true he didn't knock her off but he did collide with her when she was on the ground.

Top Bottom