Christmas day meal at the pub/restaurant. Anyone go?.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
:eek:
I enjoy a Cognac and sometimes, if I see something special behind the bar I will a glass.........but I wouldn't pay that much for a bottle.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I've never been out on xmas day. we all help with preparing and clearing up afterwards. It doesn't take long, and being a few sherries in certainly helps.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Back in the days before I became as impecunious as I am now I paid a fair proportion of that much for a single glass.

Here's one I'd like to try:
https://hine.cognatheque.com/en/hine/843-cognac-hine-250.html
I wouldn't - either you'll think its worth the money and be lying
or you'll be somewhat disappointed that whilst it was nice, it wasnt that nice

price tag like that is for rarity, exclusivity and bragging that you had a sip / bottle / glass.

Back to xmas dinner out - never done it, but again you aren't paying the high price for the food, its for all the staff serving you on double time etc.

Some people like it that way, some prefer to be at home, some haven't got a family to have a big family do or other reasons for want to be "out".

If I wasn't at a "family" do, i'd probably volunteer at a soup kitchen or similar.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I wouldn't - either you'll think its worth the money and be lying
or you'll be somewhat disappointed that whilst it was nice, it wasnt that nice

price tag like that is for rarity, exclusivity and bragging that you had a sip / bottle / glass.

Back to xmas dinner out - never done it, but again you aren't paying the high price for the food, its for all the staff serving you on double time etc.

Some people like it that way, some prefer to be at home, some haven't got a family to have a big family do or other reasons for want to be "out".

If I wasn't at a "family" do, i'd probably volunteer at a soup kitchen or similar.

Of course it wouldn't be worth the money and there's no doubt at all it would be a disappointment but I'd still like to try it.

Alex321

Veteran
So long as there is a mountain of pigs in blankets, it's all good
Are you one of my grandsons?

At 7 & 9 years old, they will eat at least a dozen each, more if you let them, and not much else from the Christmas dinner :smile:

We never have a traditional Xmas meal but do roast some meat (slow roasted pork this year) with lots of different veg. Pudding can be a traditional Xmas pud, but varies year to year.

It’s more about enjoying a good meal with some family and/or friends.
Yes - and a good meal can be many different things, depending on individual taste, dietary choices/requirements, availability (of both foodstuffs and cooking facilities) and a host of other things.

Top Bottom