Christmas day rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have been invited for a Christmas meal 4.5 miles from here so the least that I will do is the 9 mile round trip. I might go there by a much longer, hillier route and get washed and changed when I arrive. I'll see how I feel and how good/bad the weather is.

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I was seriously contemplating a ride to my brother and his family who have kindly invited me for Christmas dinner. The only thing that is stopping me is the weight of presents, booze, and other odds and sods I need to take. Oh, and it is 50 miles away incorporating a 6 mile climb and a 3 mile section of Land Rover track. Then there is the weather forecast - wet and windy. Looks like a one hour car journey wins the day this time :sad:.

No. We have guests this year. We might manage a walk along the sea front tomorrow morning.

screenman

Legendary Member
I was seriously contemplating a ride to my brother and his family who have kindly invited me for Christmas dinner. The only thing that is stopping me is the weight of presents, booze, and other odds and sods I need to take. Oh, and it is 50 miles away incorporating a 6 mile climb and a 3 mile section of Land Rover track. Then there is the weather forecast - wet and windy. Looks like a one hour car journey wins the day this time :sad:.

Is that the best excuse you can come up with.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Is that the best excuse you can come up with.
I'm actually still harbouring faint hopes of doing it, given that Santa is bringing me a set of front Ortlieb panniers to match the rear ones I already have, so that's the carrying capacity sorted. The wind should be mostly in my favour as they live north of me. I'll do a weather check on it early doors, but I'm not building up my hopes.

Edit.... Not to mention the 50+ mph gusts forecast for the return on boxing day, and they WON'T be in the favourable direction. At least Scotrail is an option on boxing day.

Last edited:

Triple3

IMG_4479.JPG

Boxing day ride with the little fella on his new team sky frog bike is best I will get. Ssshh dont tell him :smile:

Top Bottom