Christmas day rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I managed to get out for a 6 mile ride after we'd all met up for pressies and beer this lunchtime as I'd forgotten to bring my granddaughters Tablet home to sort out after she put a Voice command password on it then promptly forgot what it was
I volunteered to ride over and collect it (:whistle:)

Luckily I put some lights on, as by the time I got home, via a much longer route than actually necessary, it was pitch dark.

IMG_0338.JPG

lucydog8

THE RIBBLE VALLEY HOOTER!!
Out at 04.50 this morning very nice 10 degrees, 50.2 mile done back indoors at 07.55.
That'll be cream and custard with the christmas pud' now then. :smile::tongue:

nice one , thats nearly 17mph ride, for this weather & time of year very impressive.

lucydog8

THE RIBBLE VALLEY HOOTER!!
I always do go for a Christmas day 20 or 30 miles but have had to postpone this year due to wind.

Go to doctors when they reopen after the holidays ,and get a prescription called LACTOLUSE it will clear you out and make it less windy for you.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
The only wild mushroom I *dare* pick is the giant puffball, simply because you *can't* mistake it for anything else. Best peeled, sliced thickly and pan-fried with black pepper and insane amounts of garlic.

Didn't go out on the bike in the end. Knees still on strike and it's blowing a hooly. Need to be in a fit state to do the commute on Tuesday...
Out walking in Kent once I spied a giant puffball in the valley to my right. There was nothing else it could be, it was unmistakable. Excitedly I ran down the big hill to it. I knelt down before this fine specimen. It was a rather old, punctured, white football. Big trudge back up the big hill.

So you may not be able to mistake a puffball for anything else, but you can certainly mistake something else for a giant puffball.

Back on topic. 50 blustery and hilly km around the Yorkshire Wolds on my Brommie.
full.jpg

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Out walking in Kent once I spied a giant puffball in the valley to my right. There was nothing else it could be, it was unmistakable. Excitedly I ran down the big hill to it. I knelt down before this fine specimen. It was a rather old, punctured, white football. Big trudge back up the big hill.

So you may not be able to mistake a puffball for anything else, but you can certainly mistake something else for a giant puffball.

Oh, that's absolutely PRICELESS :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Out at 09:30 and back just before 11:30 for a 33 miler. Warm & windy, but a good way to build an appetite for Xmas dinner :hungry:

greekonabike

President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB
Didn't get out today. Had a terrible nights sleep on my parents sofa and ended up having a nap in the middle of the day... I need to man up really. I'll be making up for it tomorrow though.

GOAB

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I managed to get most of today's riding in this morning in a break from the worst of the wind and rain. I enjoyed my Christmas meal with pals while wind howled outside and rain lashed down. I waited until 7:30 pm and another period of calm to do a quick 10 km ride home. I was pretty pleased with that!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I went visiting friends by bike, as per usual on Christmas day.
Keeping an eye on the hourly forecast I managed to avoid the worst of the weather.
Never even needed the waterproofs!

clid61

Veteran
As I set myself a little target of some kind of ride of over a mile every day this year, I intend to roll out for a short reflect-on-loved-ones-passed-this-year to a seat in Foxhall before I go back and get engrossed in cooking dinner. I may just take a little flask of something ...
Post of the year

sackville d

Veteran
I managed to get most of today's riding in this morning in a break from the worst of the wind and rain. I enjoyed my Christmas meal with pals while wind howled outside and rain lashed down. I waited until 7:30 pm and another period of calm to do a quick 10 km ride home. I was pretty pleased with that!
Did I see you yesterday @ColinJ ,near Bridgeholm cricket ground,sporting a red top?
My ride consisted of a brief but blustery bimble on the tops and even saw a Christmas day rainbow.Didn`t know they even existed `til yesterday
When I got back home and viewed Strava flybys noticed that one super keen type included an ascent of Mytholm Steeps (and immediate descent) into his loop.
I salute you Sir!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Did I see you yesterday @ColinJ ,near Bridgeholm cricket ground,sporting a red top?
My ride consisted of a brief but blustery bimble on the tops and even saw a Christmas day rainbow.Didn`t know they even existed `til yesterday
When I got back home and viewed Strava flybys noticed that one super keen type included an ascent of Mytholm Steeps (and immediate descent) into his loop.
I salute you Sir!
I did end up riding that way at about 11:45 on the way to Hebden Bridge and I was wearing a red jersey, but you wouldn't have been able to see it because I had a blue Endura jacket on top of it.

I saw quite a few cyclists out during my 2 hour ride - probably at least 7 or 8, maybe more. I was surprised how much traffic there was too. I expected the roads to be nearly empty but I must have been passed by 100-odd cars.

sackville d

Veteran
I did end up riding that way at about 11:45 on the way to Hebden Bridge and I was wearing a red jersey, but you wouldn't have been able to see it because I had a blue Endura jacket on top of it.

I saw quite a few cyclists out during my 2 hour ride - probably at least 7 or 8, maybe more. I was surprised how much traffic there was too. I expected the roads to be nearly empty but I must have been passed by 100-odd cars.
Mistaken ID then Colin,this was around 10am.And you`re certain it wasn`t you going up and down Mytholm Steeps just for fun?

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
Does a Boxing Day ride count in this thread^_^
Just done 15 miles in just under an hour in great conditions......

Top Bottom