Christmas day rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Just 13 miles this morning, setting off at 7.30am. This was followed by the 3 of us having a walk at Wimpole

IMG_1606.JPG

IMG_1608.JPG

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Just 13 miles this morning, setting off at 7.30am. This was followed by the 3 of us having a walk at Wimpole

View attachment 155259

View attachment 155260
Are these Chantrelles? Nice for brekkie!

OP
OP
Lilliburlero

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Anyone planning to get out tomorrow?

I`m going to take the Cx out for a very early morning trail and road ride.

Didn`t get out as early as I`d intended, due to me having a lie in :whistle:.

Managed to grind out a windy 50 km`er (31 miles in English money) to keep my run of consecutive Sunday 50+ km rides going, I think its 30 or more :bicycle:

https://www.strava.com/activities/810970311

tyred

Legendary Member
I always do go for a Christmas day 20 or 30 miles but have had to postpone this year due to wind.

Old jon

Guru
29 miles, including a pretty fast drop down Creskeld Lane. I reported it in Your Ride Today. Maybe next year I will learn how to do a link.
A few showers, lots of rainbows. Some gasping for breath on the way up.

Are these Chantrelles? Nice for brekkie!

The only wild mushroom I *dare* pick is the giant puffball, simply because you *can't* mistake it for anything else. Best peeled, sliced thickly and pan-fried with black pepper and insane amounts of garlic.

Didn't go out on the bike in the end. Knees still on strike and it's blowing a hooly. Need to be in a fit state to do the commute on Tuesday...

lucydog8

THE RIBBLE VALLEY HOOTER!!
Anyone planning to get out tomorrow?

I`m going to take the Cx out for a very early morning trail and road ride.

I kept looking at the weather yesterday, so i never got out. Today xmas day i said to myself it doesnt matter whats the weather doing !, im going.
So at 9am i got a 2 hour ride in before i was nearly sectioned to the looney house (nearby), and do you know i really enjoyed it even though i was slightly wet, i only saw 3 other cyclists and a handfull of cars.
On Friday 23rd i donned my father xmas outfit on & got plenty of waves & pips from most people and went for a brew in the cafe. On the way back i called in at my grandchildrens house & my son had warned them that father xmas was on his way and he took a video that has everyone laughing , my youngest grandsons face was a treat.
SO i hope to see you all on the road tomoz, I WILL GIVE YOU THE HORN!!!!!!!! if i bump in to you on the road.
HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Top Bottom