Christmas Hols

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Family dinner at my place. Foisting Christmas crackers on my American relatives, and usually forgetting the mini xmas pudding I always buy since its only me that likes it :smile:

gbb

Legendary Member
Working in the food industry time off at Xmas is difficult, so it'll probably be 2 days off, may be able to squeeze in another one or two if we're covered.
Always a family day, I think there going to be 20 plus for dinner this year, gawld knows how we're going to fit them In.
DIL mentioned it the other day..
'I always like coming to yours, it's such a nice day, you all have such a good time....my family just fight, even on Xmas day'

tom73

Guru
Just me and Mrs 73 and for the 1st time in years no hound so one less for Christmas dinner :sad:.
Luck has it this year she finishes nights Christmas day so how long she can stay awake we will see :smile:
No one to bother us just good food , drink a few stocking gifts in the morning then the rest late afternoon.
I'd say an evening with quality TV but that's pushing it :laugh:

Julia9054

Guru
Beer and curry party on the 23rd as usual. Been doing this since the kids were choristers - it’s for all musicians thoroughly sick of playing/singing Christmas carols. The choristers are all now huge and drink all the beer!
Then down to a holiday flat in Tunbridge Wells for a few days as son no 1 is in panto in Sevenoaks again and only gets Christmas Day off.

Slick

Guru
Just me and Mrs 73 and for the 1st time in years no hound so one less for Christmas dinner :sad:.
Luck has it this year she finishes nights Christmas day so how long she can stay awake we will see :smile:
No one to bother us just good food , drink a few stocking gifts in the morning then the rest late afternoon.
I'd say an evening with quality TV but that's pushing it :laugh:
Mrs Slick and I have been entertaining the family for a number of years now and I reckon it's time we has a year like you describe. Can't remember the last time it was just the both of us and Mrs Slick is already feeling guilty about it.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I think we are like Tom73 and his wife this year. The last few years have been spent at daughters with her hubby and our 3 grandchildren plus the eldest's girl friend plus S.I.Ls mum (who is nice) plus 3 dogs and 2 cats.
Enough!!!! This year will be quiet, even though the daughter has voiced her thoughts:giggle:.
TV will likely be regurgitated garbage.
New year will be different. Our son runs a pub which has 5 guest rooms so all the family will be there for 2 nights which should be good.

delb0y

Legendary Member
Pah. Christmas. I 'ates it, I do. Hopefully a few days off work, though. Maybe a whole week if the new owners allow such things. Christmas Day is usually spent driving to and from relatives, or driving relatives. Boxing Day everyone gets together and has cold meats and pickles which they all declare is their favourite part of the festive season - why not have that all the time, then? I say. A chunk of bread and a bit of cheese, does me. I really don't look forward to Christmas. The music's crap, too.

tom73

Guru
@Slick just do it :okay: i've no family really now we use to have my mum over too but we all got on and had a good time so it was fine.
Given how Mrs 73 can't just be certain of having Christmas off we sort of fell into the way we do things.
Now I won't change it as it's really the only day I can guarantee a bit of quality time together even if part of it is waiting for her to get home or leaving for work.
If it's the family thing that's the worry then do what Mrs 73 side do. Now most have moved away they have a "fakemas" and do it all early.
Then everyone gets to do what ever they want on the big day.

Top Bottom