Christmas Hols

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I live on the edge of Sparkhill where Christmas Day is like any other day so I will still be able to go to the shops (etc). I don't know why, Christmas Day is a Bank Holiday in Pakistan.

Dave7

Legendary Member
No idea yet, still more than 6 weeks away isn’t it?
However, having stopped eating meat, no turkey dinner for me this year!
No doubt we will have a turkey crown even though it is over rated.
Having said that we have the Morrisons christmas brochure which has some nice alternatives eg Salmon en Croute or mushroom and nutroast wellington.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just to 4 of us this year - get in !!

Had to squeeze into MIL's for the past 10 years as it's always her 'last Christmas' - she's still here.

Got an early 'Christmas party' at the Nursing Home on Sunday as MIL insisted she is dying and won't make Christmas. :ohmy:

She's not dying, god knows what the home must have thought. She had been out in the freezing cold with a dicky chest at best - no wonder you felt rough. We went from I'm dying in the morning, to being in perfectly good fettle in the afternoon. Still doing the 'get together' but there is no way we are present swapping - not that we've got any yet. :rolleyes:

So I'm hopeful for a quiet Christmas for once. If it's not, I'm definitely going away next year. :tongue:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No doubt we will have a turkey crown even though it is over rated.
Having said that we have the Morrisons christmas brochure which has some nice alternatives eg Salmon en Croute or mushroom and nutroast wellington.

I am very tempted to just get a 'frozen turkey joint'. I bought one on Sunday, pre wrapped in bacon. 2 hours only to cook, and it was really moist and fed the 4 of us with some left overs. So why not I'm thinking, then I can spend time prepping the veg.

gbb

Legendary Member
Mrs Slick and I have been entertaining the family for a number of years now and I reckon it's time we has a year like you describe. Can't remember the last time it was just the both of us and Mrs Slick is already feeling guilty about it.
I think i know how she feels. Its insane here, wife and myself, my mum, kids and their partners plus 7 grandkids plus one of their partners...sure i'm missing someone...and its brilliant AND intense at the same time. We'd love a quiet one....but it just wouldnt seem the same.

Slick

Guru
@Slick just do it :okay: i've no family really now we use to have my mum over too but we all got on and had a good time so it was fine.
Given how Mrs 73 can't just be certain of having Christmas off we sort of fell into the way we do things.
Now I won't change it as it's really the only day I can guarantee a bit of quality time together even if part of it is waiting for her to get home or leaving for work.
If it's the family thing that's the worry then do what Mrs 73 side do. Now most have moved away they have a "fakemas" and do it all early.
Then everyone gets to do what ever they want on the big day.
Ah, Fakemas sounds like a possibility. I'll give it a try.

Top Bottom