Christmas Hols

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
M&S yes, but it's been the same for a long time, whichever chain you're supplying, the 24/7 nature of business nowadays dictates suppliers are just that, 24/7...barring Xmas day of course.

gbb

Legendary Member
Christmas day off, forced to use my holiday pay. Boxing day working 9-2.

Don't like Christmas but resent having to use my holiday for it. Same for new years day.
I remember when the government t announced 28 days was the standard amount (odd shifts excluded) and it seemed we would be better off. But what it meant was it had to include all the holidays you effectively got free previously, so you were no better off....or so it seemed to me.

Lullabelle

Banana
Since my mum passed dad has come to us every Christmas day but this year he wants to stay at home, there is a Christmas dinner in the communal lounge so he is going to that. Doesn't want the driving plus it means going from warm to cold to get here then back into the cold again. He is 80 so fair enough. We will go and see him the weekend before to take his card and presents and pop in boxing day for tea and cake.
So back to Christmas on our own which is fine, relaxing breakfast then a long walk.

Slick

Guru
Since my mum passed dad has come to us every Christmas day but this year he wants to stay at home, there is a Christmas dinner in the communal lounge so he is going to that. Doesn't want the driving plus it means going from warm to cold to get here then back into the cold again. He is 80 so fair enough. We will go and see him the weekend before to take his card and presents and pop in boxing day for tea and cake.
So back to Christmas on our own which is fine, relaxing breakfast then a long walk.
Sounds nice, enjoy. 👍

tom73

Guru

Sounds good get some quality time with your dad and time on your own knowing he's ok and no doubt enjoying himself along the way.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Going to stepdaughter's near Bideford and having to drive 330 miles each way for it !

Top Bottom