FNRttC Christmas Night Ride - A Christmas Carol Saturday 17th December 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
.... Runs off to check diary.....

It is very simple, everyone who has a Brompton, rides it. That way we can have a furthest no hands on a Brompton competition. It would be ideal preparation for the exurbia ride.
I wholeheartedly agree! Except the timing couldn't be worse for me, just as Grace is moving out of my flat and I'm moving back into the flat and lending her the saddle from my Brompton and moving 2 of my bikes to Bognor and frankly I fear I won't know if I'm coming or going, except that I am doing this ride. On a bike. Any bike. I think.

ETA. All of that sounds perfect preparation for the Exurbia ride. Oh yeah.

kimble

Veteran
Achilles is currently unproven for rides of more than 15km (so good to be back on a bike, thobut), so probably not.

/\/\/\/\ I've had Achilles strain. No fun. I needed a lot of convincing from my physiotherapist that the best way to get through it was (in addition to treatment e.g. certain strengthening exercises, stretches and ice) to "fatigue the hell out of it". It took 3 months of riding, including several FNRttCs, to push through that barrier. It was the York to Hull ride in April 2012 that finally did it. I could not walk at all for 2 days but then, bam, everything started to improve rapidly. Hope you're getting treatment. Best of luck and GWS.

ETA: "it" being the calf muscle. Just to clarify that!

Top Bottom