Christmas things you miss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Dan Morinary

Mince pies!

I haven't been able to find anywhere local that flogs them, let alone heard of them!
That would improve my Christmas no end! Clever people those Germans.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
[Party pooper mode]
I miss my mum.

The last time I saw her was on Christmas day itself. I sat at her bedside from noon that Christmas Eve to noon on Christmas Day so my sister could spend Christmas morning with her kids.

A choir came round in the evening to sing Christmas carols to the frail old women in the ward. Nurses in Santa outfits gave out presents that they had bought with their own money. I was holding my mum's hand as a young nurse popped her head through the curtains and proferred a card and a gift. I looked towards her and said that it was sweet of her, but my mum was never going to wake up so they would just be wasted. She looked really upset, and I felt guilty for that.

It was all so terribly poignant. I had never been one for making a big thing about Christmas, but now I only have to hear a carol or see a Santa outfit and I am transported back to that Chistmas vigil.

I have spoken to my sisters today, and now I am sitting here quietly by myself.
[/Party pooper mode]

As you were ... tne night is yet young!

OP
OP
D

Dan Morinary

[Party pooper mode]
I miss my mum.

The last time I saw her was on Christmas day itself. I sat at her bedside from noon that Christmas Eve to noon on Christmas Day so my sister could spend Christmas morning with her kids.

A choir came round in the evening to sing Christmas carols to the frail old women in the ward. Nurses in Santa outfits gave out presents that they had bought with their own money. I was holding my mum's hand as a young nurse popped her head through the curtains and proferred a card and a gift. I looked towards her and said that it was sweet of her, but my mum was never going to wake up so they would just be wasted. She looked really upset, and I felt guilty for that.

It was all so terribly poignant. I had never been one for making a big thing about Christmas, but now I only have to hear a carol or see a Santa outfit and I am transported back to that Chistmas vigil.

I have spoken to my sisters today, and now I am sitting here quietly by myself.
[/Party pooper mode]

I've got three young kids that looked like they had done a kilo of coke before going to bed, they are so excited!
Now have time to raise a glass to people I miss and the memories they left. Not party pooping to remember loved ones.
Happy Christmas Sir! Cheers!

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Does anyone still put those crepe paper decorations up on the ceiling? I remember them being popular when we were kids.
41M6aHJ78IL._SX300_.jpg

Attachments

• 41M6aHJ78IL._SX300_.jpg
    41M6aHJ78IL._SX300_.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 52
Top Bottom