Christmas things you miss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I remember them! We had ones that folded out into big round shapes, and others that formed a bell shape.
Oh forgot about the bells. Yes they folded round and there was a little bit of metal you clipped it together with. Lol

OP
OP
D

Dan Morinary

Does anyone still put those crepe paper decorations up on the ceiling? I remember them being popular when we were kids.
41M6aHJ78IL._SX300_.jpg
I remember my Ma kicking off at the old fella when he rolled back from the pub and they were still up in February!

Attachments

• 41M6aHJ78IL._SX300_.jpg
    41M6aHJ78IL._SX300_.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 41

screenman

Legendary Member
Being cold, disappointment with the presents, boredom...no, nothing I miss from Christmas past.

Except Starwars and Indiana Jones should be mandatory on TV - I wouldn't watch them, I just 'like to know they're there'.

We're you brought up in the same house as me.

What I miss is my mother's parsley balls side accompaniment on the Christmas plate.
They would cause wars at the dinner table, you would risk a stab of the back of your hand with a fork for an extra one.

greekonabike

President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB
I miss how exciting Christmas was as a kid. It was so difficult waiting for the school term to end and then waiting days until Christmas. I think everyone gets to a certain age where Christmas just loses that special feeling. I held on to it for years but by 13/14 I'd lost the magic.

GOAB

I miss the feeling of magic and excitement from when I was a kid. Wrapping paper all over the place. Always a giant Toblerone and Maltesers. My Dad would take us out for a walk resplendent in the new Greenwood's cardigans my grandmother always got us to give Mum time to get Christmas dinner ready.
The magic ended in 1992 when my Dad died. My Mum is still recovering from serious illness and I'm with my OH. Me and my brother hardly talk any more.
TV and Christmas music are the same. Nothing seems to have been made better in 20+ years.
Our Christmas day is tomorrow as my lady is working 10am to 10pm driving ambulances.

Last edited:
Top Bottom