Christmas work do... hall of shame 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Years ago, after a Christmas do, an attractive colleague waited with me for the bus. She was tipsy, I was too. Neither of us were hammered. Instigated by her, we had a most unexpected snog. We never mentioned nor spoke about it again, neither did we follow up on that occasion. But it remains for me one of those little happy moments that you can carry around with you.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Dunno. left early.

After many years of looking forward to, and enjoying the Christmas meal, I had a couple of bad years, one with being over-tired before I started, and one having to be sober due to other commitments. Various other reasons why I got in a big grump, but I can't remember them any more. Now, unfortunately, I have got into a Pavlovian response where just the mention of the Company Christmas Meal has the black dog coming to heel.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
One secret santa present at our place turned out to be a kitchen knife, a lamb's heart and a knife, all neatly wrapped up together. To this day, we have no idea who was responsible, but it certainly made the night more interesting.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Our Xmas do tends to alternate year by year between a really good do down a local pub or some ponsy set up with Oscars or as this year Roaring 20s theme. Can't be a***d dressing up to get p*****d so not going to any this year.

I've agreed with SWMBO that on Friday I can have a Xmas party on Friday down my local on my own. It's likely to get messy. I may have to warn the staff in Morrisons.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
When I was working with horses, some of the Christmas parties got a bit rowdy. I was head girl and have no head for alcohol, so didn't drink as I needed to be up at 4.30am the next day. Sorry, I'm a bit dull. A couple of us had to forcibly restrain one lad from letting all the horses out into the fields as "they won't be able to follow the star from their stables" - it was only 2pm by then and he was hammered. We put him to bed.
The boss was brilliant. We had a Christmas party. Anyone of any other faith is welcome to join in, even atheists, but it's a CHRISTMAS party and if you don't like the whole Christmas thing, you can just not come. He still goes grumpy at 'The Holidays' as we are not in America.

There used to be a lot of the most unlikely people getting off with other unlikely people, all the usual stuff. Someone would always get taken outside and thrown on the muck heap, one lass got a bit sozzled and went off and came back with her horse. One lad let fireworks off indoors (not a lot in the way of brains, that lad). Fire quickly sorted out and no need for the Fire Brigade.

Our Christmas do was generally done and dusted by about 10pm - they started at noon - due to the early rising nature of the job. It doesn't matter how hung over you are, horses still need feeding on time.

I never went to the parties when I worked in offices, except one for nPower where we all left early as there was no heating, the food didn't arrive until 10pm - or so most of us were told the following morning, as we'd all got really cold in the marquee at the football ground stadium and buggered off home, via the chip shop. It was such a debacle that the organising company apologised to all of nPower with a tin of Quality Street between us. Whoop de doop. Big company nPower.

andyfraser

Über Member
Back in the 80s me and my best friend Les would go to other companies Christmas parties. We'd know a few people there so we could look like we fitted in. We'd go to a local pub for a few drinks and turn up around 9 after the party goers had started to get a bit drunk and after any food or free drink we weren't entitled to had been consumed. Because it wasn't our company we'd be able to let our hair down a bit more. I've been threatened with the sack from 2 companies I haven't even worked for.

Globalti

Legendary Member
My employer stopped the Christmas parties with free booze at the table years ago after some spectacular drunkenness and when the company grew to around 270 employees. We still have an office dinner around Easter time, usually in a private dining room, when my boss gets absolutely hammered and falls asleep at the table.

For me, life is too short and weekends too precious to waste on a hangover.

At this year's team Christmas lunch, our Secret Santa gift swop nearly came to an abrupt end.

Rules
Must be bought from a supermarket.
Must not be food or drink
Must cost no more than £5
Must be as large as possible.

A colleague who hasn't officially come out but has dropped a few hints about his partner received a pack of ... Fairy washing tabs. He took it in good spirit and said in mock seriousness that he was going to HR on Monday.
Probably better than the rest of the dirge given.

Top Bottom