Christmas work do... hall of shame 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
I had never been to an office party before or since so I had no idea what to expect. Part of my, very junior, job was to
look after stationary and there was a large cupboard where it was kept under lock and key - I had the key. The rest of the
story writes itself for you experienced office partiers but I think I could have blackmailed everybody in that office, some of them twice.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Our Xmas party was due on Friday.

Now been cancelled as they announced over 1/2 the staff are being made redundant.

Promised us a pizza while we wait to be told if we will have a job in January.......
Yikes - good luck with that!

I got made redundant once just after an Easter break. I had spent the bank holiday weekend buying loads of stuff that I would not have bought if I had known what was going to happen on the Tuesday when I went back. Our manager had known the week before Easter but decided not to tell us so we could enjoy our bank holiday! :wacko:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Last year's Xtmas "drinks" were special as Christmas Eve was my last day at work after nine-and-a-half years in the organisation. Bittersweet. I just bought everyone loads of Prosecco, nursed a g & t for a few hours and then left them to do whatever came naturally.

This year... self-employed consultant. Didn't get invited to any of the do's, but the "distance" suits. Will be having lunches with some former colleagues next week, and the directors of my limited company, myself and the lovely Helen, will have an end of year celebration after Xtmas.

surfdude

Veteran
last year i got hammered by 10 and by all accounts i thought everything went really well all night and i behaved myself like a gentlemen . went to work the next day to have 2 women burst into tears at the sight of =me and one of the managers came over to me to say lay low for a minute we are trying to save your job at the moment . turns out someone got hold of my phone and sent all the women rude texts on it . the only thing that saved my job was the fact it was generally agreed by all i was too drunk to stand let alone write a text . we never found out who sent them

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
last year i got hammered by 10 and by all accounts i thought everything went really well all night and i behaved myself like a gentlemen . went to work the next day to have 2 women burst into tears at the sight of =me and one of the managers came over to me to say lay low for a minute we are trying to save your job at the moment . turns out someone got hold of my phone and sent all the women rude texts on it . the only thing that saved my job was the fact it was generally agreed by all i was too drunk to stand let alone write a text . we never found out who sent them

Not a Xmas party aftermath but a solo effort one summer...

When I got truly wasted in Amsterdam several years ago I became convinced that I was in Copenhagen and I started to text in Latin because I couldn't write in English anymore.

I also did serious damage to an Indonesian meal, a Greek meal, a humungous dutch pancake and tried to eat my way through the contents of the ice cream vending machine in the Vondel Park hostel because I found the visible electro-mechanical dispensing mechanism mesmerising and wanted repeat performances.

No-one's feelings were hurt in the escapade.

I couldn't face breakfast the next morning.

perplexed

Guru
Mrs P's works do a few years ago - there's a night of my life I'll never get back. The firm had basically allowed 10 drinks per person 'on the house'.

Utter carnage ensued. It was horrible. 150 people getting extremely drunk and obnoxious with the exception of a handful of people who were driving or teetotal. Nasty to staff, each other and anyone else who they took some sort of pissed offence with. Vomiting in the toilets, corridors and hedges outside - all by 2100. Somebody fell over and broke their leg. I was even criticized for not helping to carry some fat idiot who was too drunk to get back to his wife's car - he was a good 7 stone heavier than me.

We bailed out at that point - the whole thing was disgusting to be honest.

gavgav

Guru
Well I'm back from my Xmas do in one piece. Lots of alcohol consumed, good food eaten and a jolly good time had by all (not including the unsociable one who cried off with a "cold" on the day - good riddance!) and no shenanigans. Top night out :cheers::cheers::thumbsup:

subaqua

What’s the point
Have been very good this year. 2 dive club parties and not done anything daft at either. No works do as people are on sick leave and the big one was same day as dive club one.

My hangovers have been massive tho

Top Bottom