ChristmasWatch 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Christmas! There's Easter Eggs on the shelves.

tom73

Guru
Be hoped it's better than ours.
As a token "look what we've done for you" our local councillors use local funds to pay for a tree. Last year they had an even better idea plant one so once it grows can use that. Ok but picture this 12 feet tree decked in lights next to a 3 foot one with no lights.
Sadly it did not take so now we have a well and truly dead 3 foot tree. I'm just waiting for them to try and put the lights on it. :laugh:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Here you go, a Christmas watch.

1571549787119.jpeg

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
The shops around us have been selling their Christmas wares since 1 September. In fact, the local B&M started selling their Christmas stuff before their Hallowe’en stock. They have since remedied this situation.

Retailers do enjoy forcing ’holiday cheer’ (and associated purchases!) down our throats.

Levo-Lon

Guru
..... :sad:

Julia9054

Guru
Manchester Christmas markets in about 3 weeks. Still enjoy standing there freezing my nuts off drinking cold fizzy beer, then doing the toilet dance realising I better go soon. I still go back each year despite freezing to death. Don't actually buy anything from the Market though as its tat.
Does anybody buy anything at a Christmas market apart from food and drink?
Can't help thinking i should have started a company making little wooden huts a few years ago. I'd be a rich woman now. Christmas markets are bloody everywhere.
In other news, got the first piece of Christmas music out with the youth band I work with this week.

postman

Legendary Member
It's visits to both Manchester and Edinburgh for us two again.I never buy owt.Just a little tale a few weeks ago,on FB someone posted about the Leeds Christmas Market,and a lady suggested to her pals lets have a visit.I sent back a message,don't bother it is garbage.Lo and behold a rep from the Market sent me a message saying it was not garbage,so i sent a message back and told then you can walk round it in 10-15 mins.And that like Manchester and Edinburgh and many others it needs to be set free to spread out through the City.It seems Leeds Council won't allow that.So it's still crap small sheet and totally garbage.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
The 100' McAlpine crane, on the A14 between J8 & J9 is decorated with lots of green lights, interspersed with red ones.. Presumably Holly and berries..

Top Bottom