ChristmasWatch 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
They're selling stuff for Christmas 2020 in our local supermarket. Now that's what I call being early!*

*Well.....if you look at the sell by dates on some of the Christmas puds and tinned cakes.

Manchester Christmas markets in about 3 weeks. Still enjoy standing there freezing my nuts off drinking cold fizzy beer, then doing the toilet dance realising I better go soon. I still go back each year despite freezing to death. Don't actually buy anything from the Market though as its tat.
Generally give it a miss as scrummaging for a gluhwein gets a bit tedious. Chester chrimbo market much smaller but less mither :wacko:

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
There’s a small shopping centre in the Tsuen Wan area of Hong Kong, a part of HK that I travel to several times a week, that has a display area in between the 2 escalators. They’ve had an Xmas tree, decorations and lights there since last year. No-one’s bothered to take them down.

No Xmas tree for me this year as I’ll be in Sapporo, Japan for Xmas.:becool:

tom73

Guru
It's visits to both Manchester and Edinburgh for us two again.I never buy owt.Just a little tale a few weeks ago,on FB someone posted about the Leeds Christmas Market,and a lady suggested to her pals lets have a visit.I sent back a message,don't bother it is garbage.Lo and behold a rep from the Market sent me a message saying it was not garbage,so i sent a message back and told then you can walk round it in 10-15 mins.And that like Manchester and Edinburgh and many others it needs to be set free to spread out through the City.It seems Leeds Council won't allow that.So it's still crap small sheet and totally garbage.

With you @postman the Leeds one is total rubbish.

tom73

Guru
Spent many a year freezing my nuts off providing cover at Christmas markets.
They sort of all morph into one at the end you can only take so much. Of the smell of cheep burgers, raw onions all mixed in with diesel generator fumes. Not to forgetting old cliffs mistletoe and wine on a bloody loop. ...Arrrrrrrr
Just as you think it's safe to nip out for a drink some plank always ask's been busy or even worse the the Q word.
Then it all kicks off and you wonder what ever next ? Only to get someone with donkey bite.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
There are far worse people

Adam4868

Guru
Usually go to the Manchester markets and after 2/3/4 drinks buy the usual overpriced candle and bar of nougat that cost a tenner and can be bought in poundland.Still it's all part of the experience....isn't it ?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

And.... I saw this in a shop today. Festive bird food 🐦

Top Bottom