City Link has gone into administration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
The timing is awful.

If Citylink were delivering their own redundancy notices, then you can be certain that the recipients were not in and that they will have to pick up the notice from a completely inaccessible depot, 76 miles from where they live. So they might not know yet.

Seriously, though: I have every sympathy for the workers but I was not surprised by this. Citylink were, without exception, the worst delivery company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i'll remember city link as the company that thought someone would drive from lincolnshire to manchester to drop off a package 30 miles down the road in alderley edge i.e. they delivered our stuff back to us :rolleyes:

screenman

Legendary Member
I think the problem may have started with the rat catchers and once they finished was too big to turn around. This is going to cost tax payers money.

sgl5gjr

Sad for the City Link Staff...... I feel for them...since the private equity parasites have done the usual....asset stripped the firm,run it down and buggered off....but they wont be the last delivery firm to go bust....... I opt for Royal Mail/Parcelforce/DPD when I choose delivery options....if possible..... UPD/Hermes/Yodel don't come anywhere near..... I have a great relationship with the Posties and always get my parcel left where I want them....
For my business....I never use anyone else...I can't afford failure by incompetent delivery firms...

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
image.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
Sad for the City Link Staff...... I feel for them...since the private equity parasites have done the usual....asset stripped the firm,run it down and buggered off....but they wont be the last delivery firm to go bust....... I opt for Royal Mail/Parcelforce/DPD when I choose delivery options....if possible..... UPD/Hermes/Yodel don't come anywhere near..... I have a great relationship with the Posties and always get my parcel left where I want them....
For my business....I never use anyone else...I can't afford failure by incompetent delivery firms...

I think you may find the damage was done before the private equity firm brought it for a £1 there is a clue there.

brand

It appears your are one of the few that think they were asset stripers. Bought for £1 spent £40 million, not my definition of asset striping.
As for parcel force telling me to go 6 miles to the PO to collect is not my definition of a good service. Hermes collecting from my house for 50p is a good service. Parcel force wanted £50 plus for a parcel to US, parcel monkey £17 on a like for like basis.

Last edited:
Top Bottom