SOLD: Claud Butler 531 24" frame touring bike, 14 speed, £60 - Dewsbury, West Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
This Claud Butler has come my way and I'd originally wanted it for a few parts. Apparently owned by an ex-pro rider it's in too good a condition simply to break.

DSC00280.JPG

The frame is just over 24" so for tall or very tall, riders only. As someone of much more compact stature I've not even tested it. Videos of me attempting to get over the crossbar are not going to be available.

The forks have a 531 sticker on and the frame will also be 531, probably the ST variety.

It's 14 speed with Suntour shifters and the sticker's come off the rear derailleur but will be Suntour or Shimano, with a Shimano front derailleur. The crankset is a Sugino 50/34 with 165mm cranks - the outer chainring has one tooth missing.

Wheels are Rigida,7 speed freewheel. The front spins fine but the rear has some movement and will need new bearings or tightening.

There's a black saddle, which has a small nick, and the bar tape could do with renewing. I'd also suggest replacing the cables and chain. The seatpost is (now) free so will move easily.

There's a similar, but smaller, one on eBay in a worse condition to give an idea of price: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154712024778 Now that one would fit me.

I'm asking £60 rather than clean this up and sell it in the Spring.

Collection please from Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, WF12.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Sold second time of listing via eBay to a vintage bike collector :smile:

Top Bottom