Claud Butler Olympic Super Coureur Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Yep, frames could be waiting to be sold in the shop for a while. It was my job at the bike shop I worked at to polish the frames on show. Which I did for years on end. Used to like to polish the all chrome carlton flyer but after a few years of hanging up the boss decided it wouldn't sell and I built it into a bike for him.

The oddest was a Titanium Speedwell frame. Always seemed warm and funny to touch compared to steel. Never sold so I think was returned (sale or return).

Good job on the gears :smile:

OP
OP
Gunk

Gunk

Guru
This arrived this morning, it's period correct, but was probably not fitted to the frame originally. I know it's a bit of vanity, but I like it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gunk

Gunk

Guru
One thing I'm not entirely happy with is the used wheelset I bought. The rear has a nasty buckle in the rim, and in hindsight I should have repaired the originals instead, however, sadly the rear hub is scrap anyway as the old knackered freewheel refuses to budge, so I've stripped and rebuilt the rusty front wheel which came up much better than I anticipated.

and my plan is to fit the original Dunlop "special lightweight" rear rim to the newer rear atom hub. So I will have reused the hub, spokes and Regina freewheel and I'll sell the front wheel, which is in really nice condition, so all is not lost! :wacko:

Last edited:
Top Bottom